Matty Bowen

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Re: Matty Bowen

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

All the talk (from people closely connected to Wigan) at the U15/16 matches on Saturday was that Bowen will be playing in SL next year!

My money is on Widnes.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Bowen is playing very well but I think Sam will play FB unless an emergency requires a switch to HB.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I know this thread has gone quiet but I was youtubing rugby clips, as you do and forund this 1 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3AhKHEb- ... re=related how fast is Bowen!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

No straw damn us wrote:We've got the best fullback in Superleague in Sam Tomkins and a very good player in Matty Russell coming through the U20's. Why do we need a fullback?
Because we haven't got the best full back in super league. We have a stand off who is being played there.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

What is Darren Lockyer Dave? What was Ellery Hanley Dave? In the modern era Sam T is a fullback who might become a halfback later in his career.
Wes

Post by Wes »

I think we are in the fortunate position that he can play both and be in the top 3 in SL in either position.

Dave who is better than him in Super League as a full back?

He offers benefits in both positions but IMO he is a better weapon at full back when we have the luxury of a full team.

When we where struggling for injuries earlier in the season he offered more organising us and pushing us around the park.

He is playing at full back remember and he is leading the table in both try assists and line breaks, he could give us that at 6.
jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

cpwigan wrote:What is Darren Lockyer Dave? What was Ellery Hanley Dave? In the modern era Sam T is a fullback who might become a halfback later in his career.

As did Sean Edwards he did his spot at full back before moving to halfback.
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

29wes28 wrote:I think we are in the fortunate position that he can play both and be in the top 3 in SL in either position.

Dave who is better than him in Super League as a full back?
He offers benefits in both positions but IMO he is a better weapon at full back when we have the luxury of a full team.

When we where struggling for injuries earlier in the season he offered more organising us and pushing us around the park.

He is playing at full back remember and he is leading the table in both try assists and line breaks, he could give us that at 6.
Brett Hodgson (Warrington Wolves) a 33 year old natural full back, not a half back, forced into playing at No 1.
Wes

Post by Wes »

So would you swap Brett Hodgson for Tomkins?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

29wes28 wrote:So would you swap Brett Hodgson for Tomkins?
Certainly not, I would play Sam at 6 instead.