The Hock Influence

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

The Hock Influence

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... _1_3515425
Man of Steel Pat Richards said: “Gaz really gave us a lift when he came on. “He’s going to be a really good asset for us. “It was great to see him back. He’s done his time now and he’s only going to get better and better.”
Sam Tomkins, the man of the match for a stunning hat-trick, said: “Gaz is a big human and he scatters people when he runs at them and it’s great to have someone like that in the team. “It’s been a long two years for him and I think he’s realised what he’s missed out on. “Now he’s on the straight and narrow and can do a good job for us.”
Centre George Carmont said: “He was a big boost off the bench and it’s great to have him back in the side. “I really enjoyed playing alongside him before his ban, he created a lot of opportunities for me on that left-side, and the more games he plays the better he’s going to get. “He’s been working hard in training, and really jumped on board what Madge has been doing here.”
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: The Hock Influence

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

cpwigan wrote:http://www.wigantoday.net/sport/wigan-w ... _1_3515425
Man of Steel Pat Richards said: “Gaz really gave us a lift when he came on. “He’s going to be a really good asset for us. “It was great to see him back. He’s done his time now and he’s only going to get better and better.”
Sam Tomkins, the man of the match for a stunning hat-trick, said: “Gaz is a big human and he scatters people when he runs at them and it’s great to have someone like that in the team. “It’s been a long two years for him and I think he’s realised what he’s missed out on. “Now he’s on the straight and narrow and can do a good job for us.”
Centre George Carmont said: “He was a big boost off the bench and it’s great to have him back in the side. “I really enjoyed playing alongside him before his ban, he created a lot of opportunities for me on that left-side, and the more games he plays the better he’s going to get. “He’s been working hard in training, and really jumped on board what Madge has been doing here.”
Surprise surprise the players are pleased to have him back, how dare they!! :o
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Hardly likely to say he was a bag of Sh**e and unworthy of an immediate first team place after being out for so long now are they? :roll:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
TrueBlueWarrior

butt monkey wrote:Hardly likely to say he was a bag of Sh**e and unworthy of an immediate first team place after being out for so long now are they? :roll:
On the other hand BM nobody is twisting their arm up their back to say anything positive and with so much detail, meaning and fact.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
butt monkey wrote:Hardly likely to say he was a bag of Sh**e and unworthy of an immediate first team place after being out for so long now are they? :roll:
On the other hand BM nobody is twisting their arm up their back to say anything positive and with so much detail, meaning and fact.
Next thing you will be telling me all politicians always tell the truth and are fully open and honest with the electorate

It is meaningless spiel, given to confirm to all the happy clappers (thanks for that CP) that all things are rosy in the land of the Warriors
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Silence and reluxctance to say anything is the norm when players / fellow employees do not like somebody or disagree with something.
TrueBlueWarrior

butt monkey wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:
Next thing you will be telling me all politicians always tell the truth and are fully open and honest with the electorate

It is meaningless spiel, given to confirm to all the happy clappers (thanks for that CP) that all things are rosy in the land of the Warriors
BM what an Earth has politicians got to do with it? For what it is worth politicians say things that they think the public want to hear in order to benefit themselves. Therefore that has no relevance in this debate, the Wigan players are saying positive things about Gareth Hock because he made a massive mistake and was punished accordingly and now the players are in full support of his return not because they 'have to' say they are or because it will benefit them in anyway way, but simply because he is probably a good bloke that deserves a second chance and a fantastic RL player.

south_stander

Post by south_stander »

His return has obviously had a good effect on the players regardless of whether they have been told to say so... You just have to watch the clip of him in the gym to see him laughing and joking and Sam in the background taking the mick. The guy has done everything asked of him and more its time people start to accept that no matter what their opinion is he is with us for the next 5 years. Must be a nice view up on that high horse..
weststand-rich

Post by weststand-rich »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:BM what an Earth has politicians got to do with it? For what it is worth politicians say things that they think the public want to hear in order to benefit themselves. Therefore that has no relevance in this debate, the Wigan players are saying positive things about Gareth Hock because he made a massive mistake and was punished accordingly and now the players are in full support of his return not because they 'have to' say they are or because it will benefit them in anyway way, but simply because he is probably a good bloke that deserves a second chance and a fantastic RL player.
TBW, surely you are not this nieve?? The Wigan players in interview very rarely have anything to say that actually amounts to anything more than platitudes. The devil in the detail is what they don't say or ommit that's more revealing.

The club take exactly the view I've highlighted above when it comes to dealing with fans as a collective entity. The club may like to present the fans to themselves as key stakeholders with an important role to play in the clubs sucess. And this is true in large part, but the club also views the fans as a partisan, unreasonable and difficult income stream that needs to be very closely managed.

TrueBlueWarrior

weststand-rich wrote:
TrueBlueWarrior wrote:BM what an Earth has politicians got to do with it? For what it is worth politicians say things that they think the public want to hear in order to benefit themselves. Therefore that has no relevance in this debate, the Wigan players are saying positive things about Gareth Hock because he made a massive mistake and was punished accordingly and now the players are in full support of his return not because they 'have to' say they are or because it will benefit them in anyway way, but simply because he is probably a good bloke that deserves a second chance and a fantastic RL player.
TBW, surely you are not this nieve?? The Wigan players in interview very rarely have anything to say that actually amounts to anything more than platitudes. The devil in the detail is what they don't say or ommit that's more revealing.

The club take exactly the view I've highlighted above when it comes to dealing with fans as a collective entity. The club may like to present the fans to themselves as key stakeholders with an important role to play in the clubs sucess. And this is true in large part, but the club also views the fans as a partisan, unreasonable and difficult income stream that needs to be very closely managed.

WR i really don't understand why you have highlighted that particular section of my post because that is quite simply what Politicians do (you're not one are you?), and I don't think anyone can argue with that. Anyway like I have already stated to BM, politicains have nothing to do with this thread and I have been expecting BM to reply to that and not you, but everyone is entitled to an opinion of course.

Getting back to the 'Hock Influence' thread, it is fair to say that i agree with certain things you say especially 'The Wigan players in interview very rarely have anything to say that actually amounts to anything more than platitudes. The devil in the detail is what they don't say or ommit that's more revealing.' Having said that I think it is fair to say that what the Wigan players have been saying about Hock whether it be to a TV camera, newspaper article, matchday programme etc. have been clearly more than just 'platitudes' and assuming you have read all the quotes the Wigan players have been giving surely you must see that as well?, maybe not.

If a Wigan RL player/staff (who for what it is worth I believe have that much self respect that they would not support something or someone that they didn't think deserved it) was not in full support of Hock and his comeback then clearly they would not go into as much detail as the likes of SAM, HOFFMAN, SEAN, MAGUIRE etc. to name a few, have done.

Yes maybe some have not spoke out about Hock and his return because they simply do not agree with it but again assuming you were at the game on Saturday or at least watched it on SkyHD, then I think it was quite clear to see that all 16 players (plus all the coaching staff and majority of fans and pundits) were more than happy to see Hock in a Wigan shirt again, now that for me speaks volumes in comparison to a newspaper article, website, tv interview etc.

Think that shows I am far from nieve! :lol: