Coach of the Year

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Coach of the Year

Post by josie andrews »

Michael Maguire has been voted Northern Sports Awards Coach of the Year, beating Roberto Mancini (Man City) & Ian Holloway (Blackpool)

Well done :eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa2:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
onedego

Re: Coach of the Year

Post by onedego »

Awesome! I'm kinda gutted for Ian Holloway, i'd have voted for him purely on his ability to give the best interviews i've ever heard. But certainly, based on Coaching Ability, Madge had to win it.
Forever Warrior

Post by Forever Warrior »

Well done Madge. Madge turned an ordinary bunch into an extraordinary team in one season. He will be sorely missed.
I also feel for Ian Holloway who did a great job with a squad of no hopers.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'll say it now, we will miss Madge when he goes! :(
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

It was a night to remember for Wigan Warriors Head Coach Michael Maguire as he was awarded the Coach/Manager of the Year award at the MBNA Northern Sports Awards which was held at a glittering ceremony at The Point, Old Trafford on Monday night.

Michael beat stiff competition in the public vote for the honour from Roberto Mancini of Manchester City and Blackpool Boss Ian Holloway.

Maguire told us,

"It is always nice to win individual honours but any success for the Club is down to a team effort. The players and backroom staff have been terrific and 2010 was a very special year both for me and the Wigan Warriors. We all continue to work hard and are hoping to bring more success this season."

Michael received his award off legendary West Indian Cricketer Clive Lloyd.

This was the Inaugural Northern Sports Awards and was sponsored by MBNA. Other winners on the night included James Anderson, Lancashire and England Cricketer who won the Sportsman of the Year Award, Jessica Ennis won the Sportswoman of the Year Award while Manchester City were awarded the Sports Club of the Year.

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... &type=news
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
sudokuwarrior

Post by sudokuwarrior »

Well done Madge
The futures Brett, The future's orange!!!

2007- A fan-tash-tic season!!!!!!!
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Well done Michael Maguire. To be fair with the people he was up against there should have never been any doubt.