Where to park saturday ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
warrior1989

Where to park saturday ?

Post by warrior1989 »

Hi everyone, I was just wondering if someone could give me some information on places you can park on saturday ? can you park at that golden square shopping centre or does it close beofre game finishes? Thanks
cpwigan

Re: Where to park saturday ?

Post by cpwigan »

The industrial estate / business/retail park. Do not park illegally there though. On that estate/park one business opens its car parking and charges £3 or so.
OJ

Post by OJ »

You should be able to park closer to the ground than the Golden Square multi storey warrior1989. There is next to no free car parking in that area and all the streets round there are permit holders only on match days however there is a pretty big open air car park on the left just as you go into Tanners Lane - assuming you are coming in down Winwick Road A49 go past the ground & through traffic lights at the front of Tesco's, at next lights (Pub called the Original Wire is on your left) take a right and go to the island outside the Lord Rodney pub go across and to your left across the island and turn right at lights into Tanners Lane - car park is on your left and is a couple of quid. Think they also open car parks in Dallam Lane which is at the back of the stadium which are £3 a time but getting away from there would be much more difficult after the match and you would have more options going on the one in Tanners Lane if poss as there are various exit routes back to civilisation from there!

Incidentally everyone there are major roadworks at the Longford island which have been causing chaos during the week - from what I can establish they don't work at weekends but can imagine there will be plenty of cones to cause disruption so I reckon everyong would be well advised to add 20/30 minutes to there travel times just to be on safe side.
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

daz09

Post by daz09 »

For the friendly in January I spoke to Tesco who said that they are not as strict anymore about parking on their car park.You can park on the shopping centre on the A49 back towards the M62 and walk up the road, not that far.

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

I got in touch with Wire just after the draw had been made & have been allocated a parking space, the last one apparently :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan