Tony Smith you are a disgrace!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
the winky one

Re: Tony Smith you are a disgrace!!!!

Post by the winky one »

It's wrong if you tackle high and it's wrong if you tackle low......so what are you meant to do? shout stop!. or oy! where do you think you are running to laddie?.come on get sensible..all this is doing is trying to claim that the reason they lost is because of that tackle...very clever eh?! :hmmm: :hmmm:
OJ

Post by OJ »

This failed England coach really is a piece of work - I am certain he was separated at birth from his identical twin Gary Schofield.

Can someone please tell me where has he said that the challenge cup has no worth cos if he has and it is in print I will be emailing the RFL to ask what sort of ambassador for our sport he is
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

southernpie

Post by southernpie »

During the post match interviews on the red button, Briers was nearly in tears as the cup "is everything". Smith was then brought in and said he disagreed with Lee as the cup is not everything, as there is still the Super League, http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 64529.stm

But listen to the background, well done everyone

This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Second Row

Post by Second Row »

we now await Smith's full apology since the RFL has said 'no case to answer, players legs were still moving and initial contact was with thighs', the oracle that is the RFL has spoken
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Well said especially if you go through all the referals, every Wigan player was NFA, whereas Simon Grix and Ryan Atkins got Cautions concerning Technique. Well Mr Smith whose tackling needs looking at?
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
Warrriors

Post by Warrriors »

Frankly, Andy Coley would have grounds for suing the idiot for slander as Smith's comments are A) lowering his professional reputation (by implying that Coley did something deliberately or illegally to injure a fellow professional) and B) factually incorrect.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Dicconson wrote:The situation is not helped by shoddy journalism - see Dave Hadfield in the Independent this morning.

The Warrington coach, Tony Smith, was left furious by a three-man tackle that inflicted serious knee damage on David Solomona. "I'm not happy," he said. "I've been warning people about these tackles for a long time. It was nasty and it caused a nasty injury."

Three-man!!
The commentary team on the BBC, including Kear, were at great pains to point out that the tackle was perfectly legal as Coley was the SECOND man in into a TWO MAN tackle.

Hadfield was probably not even at the game, and Smith is just a bitter man.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Does anyone agree with me that Smith's comments were a veiled criticism of both the ref and VR and no different to the comments for which Morgan and Agar were heavily fined?

I fail to see why Smith should not be brought to book over this.

And big well done to Madge for his mature and dignified refusal to get involved! :)
LORENZO

Post by LORENZO »

I noticed that Briers would not look his manager in the face during the interview and gave me the impression that he had been left out and he had wanted to play. Very upset the lad was. What a pity....
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

LORENZO wrote:I noticed that Briers would not look his manager in the face during the interview and gave me the impression that he had been left out and he had wanted to play. Very upset the lad was. What a pity....
Did exactly the same to Richie Myler last year!