Salford game to accommodate the Tics

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Warrriors

Salford game to accommodate the Tics

Post by Warrriors »

I see we've been ousted again just so the Tics' overpaid ponces can have first go on the pitch that weekend. Salford game's 3pm on Sunday 14th now.
josie andrews

Re: Salford game to accommodate the Tics

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan v Salford match rescheduled

Wigan's fixture against Salford at the DW Stadium originally scheduled for Friday August 12 has been changed to Sunday August 14, 3pm kick off following consultation between the two clubs and the RFL.

Speaking about the move, Wigan Warriors Chairman Ian Lenagan said: "Since Wigan Athletic are scheduled to play their first home Barclay's Premiership game of the season on the Saturday, we have agreed to move our fixture against Salford City Reds to Sunday afternoon.

"We are sorry for any inconvenience this late change may bring for fans but, with Wigan continuing in the Carnegie Challenge Cup, no other dates were practical."

http://www.loverugbyleague.com/news_600 ... duled.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
onedego

Post by onedego »

now on the website:

http://www.wiganwarriors.com/WContent.a ... 260&type=1

Wigan Warriors' Engage Super League Round 24 fixture against Salford City Reds at DW Stadium originally scheduled for Friday August 12 has been changed to Sunday August 14 (3.00) following consultation between the two clubs and the RFL.

Speaking about the move, Wigan Warriors Chairman Ian Lenagan said:

"Since Wigan Athletic are scheduled to play their first home Barclay's Premiership game of the season on the Saturday, we have agreed to move our fixture against Salford City Reds to Sunday afternoon.

"We are sorry for any inconvenience this late change may bring for fans but, with Wigan continuing in the Carnegie Challenge Cup, no other dates were practical."
onedego

Post by onedego »

it is getting rather annoying. Games at DW, I couldn't give a flying crow about, but I think Edinburgh Warrior had booked a hotel based on the announcer saying that the game was on 12th? An announcement made in spite of knowing that the Latics game was being played weeks ago.

And ya wonder why people see our sport as "Jokey Touch Rugby".
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I must admit I enjoy Sunday afternoon rugby.
onedego

Post by onedego »

platt-warrior wrote:I must admit I enjoy Sunday afternoon rugby.
as do I, take your time getting there, and back, down the pub etc etc... What i don't enjoy is a lack of organisation...
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

I agree but watching a game 3parts pissed is also got a lot going for it :)
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Great, another game I'll have to miss.
Made plans around another event I'm at to get to the game on the Friday, but can't make the Sunday.
Sooner the lactates get relegated the better! :angry:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
ian.birchall

Post by ian.birchall »

But look on the bright side, Isaac Birchall aged 2years and 3 months can come to his third live game as his grandmother allows me to fetch him to 3pm kick offs and remember this is a lad who already has been trained to shout 'cmon wiggin ugby' whenever he sees the same shirt on tv that he is wearing.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

Twice in one day I've been p*ssed off about a fixture announcement... Had a top day planned for the Salford game, was going to play golf, have some tea in wigan then off to the match...