Salford game to accommodate the Tics

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
HGWarrior

Re: Salford game to accommodate the Tics

Post by HGWarrior »

The question has to be asked that if there is so much discussion between the two clubs then why couldn't the tics have requested that there opening match was away to accommodate?

The worry is the play offs. They have Spurs on the 24th - Could it be possible that we play on the 23rd?
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

If there has been so much discussion between the clubs , why could the Warriors not simply post a message saying that at this moment in time we can't confirm the date of this match.They anounced after the Wakey game thay the next game was the 12th August. It has been plastered all over the website home page as the 12th. Simple it would effect sales of tickets .
2002 and EW is hooked
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

FROM A TO B wrote:Great, another game I'll have to miss.
Made plans around another event I'm at to get to the game on the Friday, but can't make the Sunday.
Sooner the lactates get relegated the better! :angry:
Same here. Just 2 weeks notice is taking the urine, especially when the Latics fixture list has been known for sometime. That is before you even think why the hell should we move about for them when our fixture has been set in stone for months.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

This will happen at this time every year, get used to it. Just settle for our play-off games being at DW.

Similarly, we will complete our final home game on a pitch that looks like a bowling green Come February, it will look like the Gant and we will be blamed. Again, get used to it!

Its called life. And sometimes it just sucks!
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

Kittwazzer wrote:This will happen at this time every year, get used to it. Just settle for our play-off games being at DW.

Similarly, we will complete our final home game on a pitch that looks like a bowling green Come February, it will look like the Gant and we will be blamed. Again, get used to it!

Its called life. And sometimes it just sucks!
I have got used to it KW and i now only book hotel and travel tickets when game dates have been announced and are set in stone.(i.e SKY) The club announced after the Wakefield game that the Salford game was on the 12th August knowing full well that it was still under discussion with the Latics and had already been moved in principal . In doing this IMO they have let a lot of people who have already bought tickets or travel from a distance down/up to Wigan. We have to put up with Sky giving very short notice changes at this time of the season. I do not have a problem with that because without them as paymasters Superleague as we know it is dead in the water. On this occasion IMO the club has been negligent in its duty to the fans.

2002 and EW is hooked
Susi

Post by Susi »

spot on K W .
Mr I m god w***** rules again.
But as per we have to lump it.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Susi wrote:spot on K W .
Mr I m god w***** rules again.
But as per we have to lump it.
I'm no fan of Whelan but I fail to see how he can be to blame. Its Premier League rules and they will always have more clout than RFL!
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

Kittwazzer wrote:This will happen at this time every year, get used to it. Just settle for our play-off games being at DW.
But the play offs at the DW can never be guaranteed!!
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
Wes

Post by Wes »

HGWarrior wrote:
But the play offs at the DW can never be guaranteed!!
No but low rent can, I suppose we could always spend 20mil on a new ground?!?!?