Re: Where does Wigan's future lie...?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mackie

Re: Where does Wigan's fut...

Post by mackie »

there is a premier league rule that states a pitch cannot be used for 48 hrs before a game which means if us and latics are at home the same week we will have to play on sunday
i am wigan till i die i know i am i'm sure i am i'm wigan till i die
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Where is this rule?

I've just read an article(from a while ago) saying that groundsharing is now the way forward in cutting costs. Do you think this is still a valid point? They were talking about even joining Liverpool and Everton up to playing at just the one ground as it would save both clubs a lot of money and earn them a lot of profit. This does make you think after all the recent rumours that this may be the reason we will not be "thrown out" of our own shared ground.

As for the clash in fixtures, Super league and footy have managed in recent years to make it so that the games weren't on the same weekend anyway. There's not been that many fixtures play within the same weekend/.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/business/3131481.stm
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

mackie posted:
there is a premier league rule that states a pitch cannot be used for 48 hrs before a game which means if us and latics are at home the same week we will have to play on sunday
Why? Very little Premiership football seems to take place on Saturdays anymore, it seems to be almost every day apart from Saturdays infact. Monday night seems to be a big one for soccer, so I'm sure something can be worked out.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
we_need_a_coach

Post by we_need_a_coach »

Fraggle posted:
mackie posted:
Why? Very little Premiership football seems to take place on Saturdays anymore, it seems to be almost every day apart from Saturdays infact. Monday night seems to be a big one for soccer, so I'm sure something can be worked out.
:( Something will be worked out ! Wigan Warriors will be on the move and soon, IMO the takeover deal is'nt dead, just on the backburner, or being worked in the background, out of the limelight, give it a couple of months.
When the impact of the Latics getting into the Prem sink in, why DW is now thinking of standing down as JJB chairman to concentrate on the Prem. that is when the full effect of this will be felt by the Warriors, it won't be long !!!!!

:angry:
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

If he's thinking longterm on any part he won't be standing down. It is not certain that Latics will last in the premiership and if he gets rid of all links with Warriors he won't be coming back again and then what will he have? A first/second/third division team with lower gates again? I'm not really a business woman but that sounds extremely stupid to me.
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
heydude

Post by heydude »

we_need_a_coach posted:

:( Something will be worked out ! Wigan Warriors will be on the move and soon, IMO the takeover deal is'nt dead, just on the backburner, or being worked in the background, out of the limelight, give it a couple of months.
When the impact of the Latics getting into the Prem sink in, why DW is now thinking of standing down as JJB chairman to concentrate on the Prem. that is when the full effect of this will be felt by the Warriors, it won't be long !!!!!

didn't whelan stand down before as chairman to jjb didn't he first try to help with his son's problem so he could take the business over but his son refused and then his son in law took on the chairman role but tragically commit suicide so mr whelan went back as chairman again so maybe he has just been looking for the right person to take over from him.
don't eat yellow snow
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

heydude posted:
we_need_a_coach posted:

didn't whelan stand down before as chairman to jjb didn't he first try to help with his son's problem so he could take the business over but his son refused and then his son in law took on the chairman role but tragically commit suicide so mr whelan went back as chairman again so maybe he has just been looking for the right person to take over from him.
That's right. I think we took command again, so to speak, to steady the company after the tragic incident with his son-in-law. After all, the guy's not young, he's got a good life in Barbados or wherever, he doesn't really need the hassle of running a company as well.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
primrose-n-blue

Post by primrose-n-blue »

NL1 ground share with Leigh option granted...and I voted it too!! :lol:

:eusa14: Ian
:baaa: Mo
mikey

Post by mikey »

:D This is as good as it gets for now but if we all get behind IM and the team who knows? :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D [/quote]
willie c

Post by willie c »

we are building for the future the young players will only get better with time[/list]
here mate is that tackle seven your jokeing my head marra