Giant deal for Lawrence

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Giant deal for Lawrence

Post by josie andrews »

Michael Lawrence has committed his long-term future to Huddersfield by signing a new five-year contract.

The 21-year-old has already made over 80 appearances for the Giants since making his debut in 2007 and was called up to the England Knights squad this season.

Lawrence admitted he never had any thoughts about leaving his home-town club - he has signed a deal that will see him remain at the Galpharm Stadium until the end of the 2016 campaign.

"I love Huddersfield, I never wanted to go anywhere else so I'm glad we could sort it all out."
Michael Lawrence
Quotes of the week
"I'm really pleased that I've secured my future at the Giants," he said.

"It is great to sign a long-term deal alongside many of the other boys and it shows that the club want to keep the team together for the long term.

"I am really proud to be continuing to play for my home-town club, I am definitely happy here.

"I love Huddersfield, I never wanted to go anywhere else so I'm glad we could sort it all out."

Praise

Huddersfield head coach Nathan Brown has praised the versatile Lawrence, and not just for his performances on the field either.

"Michael is a local player whose game just keeps improving," the Australian said.

"Both at centre and in the back row he does a really good solid job and defensively he is an exceptional player.

"He is a good lad and a good role model for other young players. His training standards are high and his off field habits are as good as his on field habits.

"He works hard on his game and his commitment and effort cannot be doubted."

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528, ... 58,00.html
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan