That Song!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ameliaskye

Re: That Song!

Post by ameliaskye »

"Oh oh oh oh oh... We're the greatest club in the world,we're going to Wembley,we'll bring back our trophy...that we won 8 times in a row..oh oh ....
wigwar

Post by wigwar »

I know we have already won 8 times in a row. The point is that with the current squad and set up, maybe we can do it again?
And I'm not moaning! Far from it - I am absolutely delighted that we are getting back where we belong!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

wigwar wrote:I know we have already won 8 times in a row. The point is that with the current squad and set up, maybe we can do it again?
And I'm not moaning! Far from it - I am absolutely delighted that we are getting back where we belong!
I'm glad you are so optimistic :) I think it would be very hard to repeat 8 in a row in this modern era, but I would like to think we could :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

josie andrews wrote:
wigwar wrote:I know we have already won 8 times in a row. The point is that with the current squad and set up, maybe we can do it again?
I'm glad you are so optimistic :) I think it would be very hard to repeat 8 in a row in this modern era, but I would like to think we could :)
No one though we would ever see nine in a row in scotland again Josie but the Gers Did it :wink:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

trotski_tgwu wrote:
josie andrews wrote:
No one though we would ever see nine in a row in scotland again Josie but the Gers Did it :wink:
But that's a different ball game :lol: :lol: :wink:

Come on the Teddy Bears :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wigan sister

Post by Wigan sister »

Well I look forward to a new verse in the song celebrating our latest successes - starting with CC at Wembley. I can't wait!
Wigan_panda

Post by Wigan_panda »

josie andrews wrote:
trotski_tgwu wrote:
josie andrews wrote: I'm glad you are so optimistic :) I think it would be very hard to repeat 8 in a row in this modern era, but I would like to think we could :)
But that's a different ball game :lol: :lol: :wink:

Come on the Teddy Bears :)
Yeah, our song about 8 in a row could just be the "9 in a row, 9 in a row" chant to the tune of ancient and loyal upon my chest that the Teddy Bears do!
It's good to have an end to journey towards, but it's the journey that matters in the end.