Travel info - Which route to take m1 or m40???

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
white elephant

Re: Travel info - Which route to take m1 or m40???

Post by white elephant »

Im going M6, M42, M40, A40 then up the north circular (A406).
Were only departing at 8am so hopefully alot of the traffic will be in front of us fingers crossed!
WIGAN TILL I DIE

jaws1

Post by jaws1 »

white elephant wrote:Im going M6, M42, M40, A40 then up the north circular (A406).
Were only departing at 8am so hopefully alot of the traffic will be in front of us fingers crossed!

Coach driver should know the route lets all follow White Elephant
Wes

Post by Wes »

We where Lancashire until the borders got changed and now we are GM, to be fair though without Wigan it would just be Manchester so at least we can say Wigan makes Manchester Greater!
white elephant

Post by white elephant »

jaws1 wrote:
white elephant wrote:Im going M6, M42, M40, A40 then up the north circular (A406).

Coach driver should know the route lets all follow White Elephant
NO NO NO... like i said all cars should use the M1!! leave the M40 clear for me :lol: :lol:
WIGAN TILL I DIE

eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

[quote="29wes28"]We where Lancashire until the borders got changed and now we are GM, to be fair though without Wigan it would just be Manchester so at least we can say Wigan makes Manchester Greater![/quote

got told we are now in lancashire and have been for last 18 month but it would cost too much to change it round officially i.e emergency services
IN WANE WE TRUST
hereforthebooze

Post by hereforthebooze »

Best way I've found, for the last few times I've been to Wembley is:

M40, then leave at Junction 2 which is just before the M25. Head for Gerard's Cross, park up and from there you can get the tube in and out of Wembley.
Wes

Post by Wes »

eccywarrior wrote:
29wes28 wrote:We where Lancashire until the borders got changed and now we are GM, to be fair though without Wigan it would just be Manchester so at least we can say Wigan makes Manchester Greater![/quote

got told we are now in lancashire and have been for last 18 month but it would cost too much to change it round officially i.e emergency services
Then Manchester is Greater no longer!
jackoh

Post by jackoh »

Going via the M40 , having Breakfast in Banbury , with the Warriors branch of the Oxfordshire supporters club who are going by coach , cant wait ! .
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

We're driving down on the friday night, staying over Fri & Sat nights.

For those going M40, it's worth taking the toll road; you'll burn up more petrol than the £4.50 toll charge sitting in traffic jams around spaghetti junction.
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

GeoffN wrote:We're driving down on the friday night, staying over Fri & Sat nights.

For those going M40, it's worth taking the toll road; you'll burn up more petrol than the £4.50 toll charge sitting in traffic jams around spaghetti junction.
£5:30 now unless you go through at stupid hours