17th Man?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Panchitta Marra

Re: 17th Man?

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Difficult decision.
Hock can play 2nd row & Prop, wheras Faz can play 2nd row, loose forward (if Lockers has to move to centre or stand off), hooker and at a push maybe the centres.
In Madge we trust.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Carmont will be fine!! I'd have Hock in based on his last couple of games.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

mike binder

Post by mike binder »

ian.birchall wrote:We can probably agree on the first 16 players on the teamsheet but I wonder about the choice at 17. For my money Maguire would naturally play 4 forwards and the way he brought Goulding on last night to replace Joel when Carmont was hobbling around on 1 leg gives me no reason to think otherwise but to my mind the 17th pick is between Hock and Goulding, we really cannot do with Carmont going off injured at Wembley to be replaced by a forward. For me it has to be Goulding unless he decides to play Hock instead of McIlorum.:conf:
hoffman good cover as centre sorry daz as to be hock for me
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
Wes

Post by Wes »

Leeds are going to play as physical and dirty as possible so IMO Tonys chosen 17 makes the most sense to me and as stated we can rest a few the week later and stil have enough to beat Wire!
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Leeds rested 4 forwards against quins which gives you a good idea of what kind of match they want to play.

Leeds are dirty cheating spoilers, they will come to niggle and try to stop us from playing the way we can we MUST stick to our style of play. We wont win a slug fest with them. Ablett and Bailey in particular will be looking to take out Sam.

Ive said in a previous thread on a level playing field like for like we are better than them fact!, the only way leeds will win is if they drag our game down.

If Wigan play our style of game at our pace we could give them a good hiding, if we allow them to spoil we will give them a chance.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I have no doubt Leeds will cheat and try to kill the game as a spectacle. They will kick hoping for fluke tries. If we destroy them early do not rule some dismissals on both sides, this could get very ugly.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

cpwigan wrote:I have no doubt Leeds will cheat and try to kill the game as a spectacle. They will kick hoping for fluke tries. If we destroy them early do not rule some dismissals on both sides, this could get very ugly.
I agree, leeds cant win unless they drag our style of play down, they know that, look for maguire going down like he's been shot by a sniper everytime he's tackled. Bailey and Ablett will be looking to incite an incident.

Hock is a must for me in this game after his performance against Bradford, he is an enforcer and he is big and imposing.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Jamie Peacock has already quoted that they need to get to Sam in this game if they are to stand a chance!!

If Ablett does play he is one of the many Sam will need to steer clear of in this game.

Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Wes

Post by Wes »

I dont think Sam should steer clear of any of them so to speak, if its in his mind or if some one says to him avoid such a player it can be enough to put him off his game especially being wembley! I would say to our forwards anyone hurts or plays dirty with sam you legally will really hurt that player, understood!

Come on Wigan!

Ps Peacock is very naive if he thinks Sam is our only threat!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:Leeds rested 4 forwards against quins which gives you a good idea of what kind of match they want to play.

Leeds are dirty cheating spoilers, they will come to niggle and try to stop us from playing the way we can we MUST stick to our style of play. We wont win a slug fest with them. Ablett and Bailey in particular will be looking to take out Sam.

Ive said in a previous thread on a level playing field like for like we are better than them fact!, the only way leeds will win is if they drag our game down.

If Wigan play our style of game at our pace we could give them a good hiding, if we allow them to spoil we will give them a chance.
Might be worth trying something different early on, that chip over and collect by Sam comes to mind.
IMO this would make Leeds stand off that little bit to give us room.