Re: Superstitions ?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Those old enough to remember the 8 years on the bounce will remember Wigan players used to go down to wembley on the Thursday and pretty much do the same thing every year

Anyone else have any superstitions at that time and will you do the same again this time ?

Anyone heard when the players will go down to London ?
I will wear my NORWEB shirt
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

And I'll be wearing my 1985 Ellgren jacket. Only been worn at Challenge Cup Finals at Wembley. I just hope I don't look like I shouldn't be there, with all the fancy clobber the fans wear these days.
bill.inger

Post by bill.inger »

I'm still going to wear it, it's better than pink.
Aaron C. Rescue

Post by Aaron C. Rescue »

TWO EYED WARRIOR wrote:Those old enough to remember the 8 years on the bounce will remember Wigan players used to go down to wembley on the Thursday and pretty much do the same thing every year

Anyone else have any superstitions at that time and will you do the same again this time ?
Anyone heard when the players will go down to London ?

Thursday.
"Are you a jew by any chance ?", "No, a tree fell on me"

'I was certain, positive, convinced, and yet...unsure'

'It's only rock 'n' roll, but I like it'
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

haha i was going to post the same topic the other day, i have a long running one which is unfortunate for people close to me.

I will be wearing the home shirt which i have wore every match on this winning streak and i refuse to wash it until its over! haha. Had one when i used to play that id wear my old school p.e socks under my kit socks every game
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Dobie_113

Post by Dobie_113 »

Wigan_forever19​85​ wrote:haha i was going to post the same topic the other day, i have a long running one which is unfortunate for people close to me.

I will be wearing the home shirt which i have wore every match on this winning streak and i refuse to wash it until its over! haha. Had one when i used to play that id wear my old school p.e socks under my kit socks every game
You must be the smelly guy in front of me every game then :wink:

Last year I bought the black away shirt and wore it for the first time at the Bradford Away game......I have never worn it since.
endoman

Post by endoman »

Have to have curry fri night. Have to go to Chandos bar near Leicester Square, have a dump in a pub bog with a broken lock. Sing song on the tube on the way up to the ground.

Will dig out the old Ellgren shirt
graham123

Post by graham123 »

wigan av won 12 on the bounce this saturday is game 13,13 unlucky for sum
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

I was too young for Wembley traditions... probably wetting the bed the night before due to age etc but apart form that, maybe start an adult one this friday/saturday!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
endoman

Post by endoman »

First rummage and I can only find a blue Ellgren Wigan Jersey, I know I have a C&W one cos I wore it at Grand Final,

More looking needed, otherwise it might be the Nike one we had a few years ago.