Bookies Favourite

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Dobby

Re: Bookies Favourite

Post by Dobby »

14 points seems way too much to me
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

I couldn't care less what the bookies say. This will be close, especially early on. If we aren't focussed or are ill-disciplined then we could find ourselves in trouble. We haven't found ourselves behind early of late and if Leeds get a couple of quick scores then it might rattle us. We have a history of not showing up when we've been the favourites in the CC over the last few years. Obviously there was Sheffield, but we also lost in the semi to cats a few years back. We failed to show up in the first half a few years ago against wire and then there was the shocker against Leeds last year. We weren't that great against 12 man Bradford this year.

I hope we smash them off of the park; however I am just as nervous as I was for the Grand Final last year (although I won't be at the game this time)
"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Kittwazzer wrote:Interesting stat from Bilko:

Wigan (1985) are the only team to win at Wembley having lost the previous year. Amazingly, 24 other teams have tried and failed.

Let's hope Leeds become #25! :)
Bradford 1948/1949?
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

OJ

Post by OJ »

josie andrews wrote:
OJ wrote:People tend to forget that the odds at a bookies are governed by who has put money on which option. I just hope the coach and players are NOT assuming this game is going to be the walk in the park for us that a lot of the media and some of our own fans are assuming. If we play like we have done in other challenge cup matches then we should be ok but I don't want to assume it will be a walkover cos it will not be and we would all be heartbroken if it all goes belly up
Typo error & correction :) - sorry OJ :)
No apology needed you have corrected my blunder spot on - sorry Josie my mind was elsewhere at the time
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Well I'm looking forward to a cracking display from the best team in Super League by a country mile. Backed Brett (11/1) and Hoff (25/1) for Lance Todd. Sorry if anyone thinks I'm tempting providence but I'm expecting us to knock Leeds back further than John the Baptist!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

In fact, I'll go so far as to say that it will be a bigger mismatch than 1999. Leroy, your record is in jeopardy!