Favourite moment?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Sam Panapa ate me pie

Favourite moment?

Post by Sam Panapa ate me pie »

Sorry if there is a thread of this already....

I can't decide between the 1-2 of smashes from Big Jeff and then Tommy or the last few moments knowing that Granny Basher Ganson had to give Wigan benefit of the doubt to cement the cup for us....

highland convert

Re: Favourite moment?

Post by highland convert »

The expression on Sean Wane's face when he came on to the pitch at the end. It reflected the pride I felt for the boys, It meant so much. Rugby league is a bit like a quality singer. No matter how good you are if you don't put your heart and soul into it you come up short. The boys gave everything. Jim
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Worst moment was the bit when Ganson pressed the button and the TRY/NO TRY graphic was activated. The favourite moment was 2 seconds later when TRY came up. Never heard so much instant noise it was terrific.

Also enjoyed:
seeing Wembley coming off the A40
walking up Wembley Way
Joel's try
O'Loughlin lifting the Cup - thats what its all about
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

We re-grouped at the Torch. Hundreds of fans of both teams were drinking in there and on the carpark. A Police riot van parked in the middle of the road but the occupants stayed put. Four mounted police entered the car park and parked side by side. They were having the craic with the fans who lifted little kids up to pat the horses heads.

A huge gang in outrageous fancy dress organised a Britains Got Talent contest amongst themselves. As the no buzzers, the unlucky acts had empty beer cans and plastic glasses thrown at them. Brilliant! :lol:
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Moments that put a big lump in my throat:
Seeing the fans and the view down Wembley way from Wembley Park tube station. Trying to sing "Abide with me".

Big moments on the park:
Those massive hits by Tommy, Geoff Lima and Brett Finch I believe. That try by Joel, it looked like he carried the ball all the way in his right hand, fending off McGuire and rounding Webb like they werent there, just sublime.

After the match:
Seeing the thrill on the Wigan players faces, Madge & Waney too.
The glum reflection on the Whinos's faces particularly McGuire, Sean lifting the Challenge Cup and the celebration on the field with the cup.

We were sat directly in front of Joe Mellor, Dom Crosby, Logan Tomkins and all the U20 squad players, their excitement was brilliant to listen to during the game, like little kids playing in the park, and my youngest was sat next to Paul King, ex Hull FC & Wakefield, and he seemed to be shouting for Wigan too.

A long awaited memory, but well worth the journey.
All I need now is a DVD of the game as my Sky+ does not work.

Thank you Wigan Warriors.

:eusa2: :eusa2: :eusa3: :eusa3: :D :D
EDINBURGH-WARRIOR

Post by EDINBURGH-WARRIOR »

The final whistle.
2002 and EW is hooked
south_stander

Post by south_stander »

One of the highlights for me was, the restart after Joel's try bounced out into touch. From the resulting scrum Richards, Carmont, Finch and Hoffman bundled Jones-Bishop into touch.
mike_ode

Post by mike_ode »

My wife and I were driving home yesterday, (Sunday), and were just going over the Thelwall viaduct on the M6 motorway when my wife spotted the team coach in the centre lane. We passed and moved over into the slow lane to let them catch up with us, and then like a school boy I waved my scarf wildly out of the window. Well as the coach drew along side who should we see but Mr Lenagan himself standing in the doorway of the coach holding up the Cup for us to see.

That put the icing on the cake of what has been a fantastic weekend.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

Jeols try for me was the highlight of the game and fianl whistle the highlight of the day

Only downside was on way home a we stoped at services for 15mins. Then after the coach go going again my daughter couldnt find her foam finger. Why? cause some theiving B*****D had knicked it, though we couldnt prove who, but she thought she saw a lad up the back of the bus with it.

Not a gd show stealing from your own :angry:

But never stoped us celibrating back at st judes social club and the homecoming on Sunday before the long journey home to Glasgow after it.

Left Glasgow 4.30pm fri
Arrived Glasgow 10.30pm Sun :lol:

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx

gpartin

Post by gpartin »

Image my favourite moment was realising that even though I only paid 21 quid for my ticket I could get away from the drunken idiot behind me who was more interested in winding up Wire fans than the game by simply walking to a better seat right above the Royal Box. :D
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."