RHINOS ROBBED OF GLORY - By Garry Schofield!!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
cpwigan

Re: RHINOS ROBBED OF GLORY - By Garry Schofield!!!!

Post by cpwigan »

Oh play like that v Wire and we will lose

ALAS, we won the CC and Fat Gary won sweet FA in his career. Tough titty Fat Boy!!!!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Alex the Warrior wrote:To be fair, that's a lot better than I expected from Faz's old mate!
He hasn't regurgitated all the BBC stuff that's been posted.

Take out the bit about Sam and replace it with a comment about how Leeds always start a mass brawl when we beat them and he's not far off.

I thought we were done for when Jones-Bishop broke away there and we had made so many silly errors we really couldn't have complained if we'd lost it then.
Couldnt agree with you more Alex, its every time the Leeds Trolls are on the back foot and the brawl starts.
It seems inbred in their mantality, they done the very same with Stains years ago, and got away with it, as it put Stains off their game somewhat, and the Whino's got the result.
Luckily our boys raise above it all and thump them where it hurts, in the scoreline, and by winning the matches.
Who was it that started the fight at the final hooter, and why. Ididnt see it too clear from where I was seated, but I am sure it looked liked soft arse McGuire was involved somewhere.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

At the end of the day we should have destroyed Leeds 60+ to 0. That was the true gulf in class. We did not play well and were still too good for Leeds. Even if Leeds had taken the lead we would have switched back on and won. When you are so much better than the opposition you can play bad and still win. It is harsh but that is the reality.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Maybe I've read it differently to everyone else but I thought it was an excellent article!
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

I actually agree KW, I have to admit I didn't actually read the article because I've become accustomed to the rubbish he usually comes out with. I think he's nailed it when he says Wigan could have turned the screw and his final paragraph about us needing to up our game to win the GF ignores this a bit but can't expect too much from him haha. I think it was Jonathan Davies who said about how we look tired in the middle of games and therefore he thinks we aren't gonna win the GF. I think it completely misses the point of wht we've done successfully all season which is be in control and do enough to win. It's happened too many times when teams have come back at us before we finish them off to be a coincidence and I believe this philosophy will be fine for us in the playoffs then we can go all out in the grand final. If you give 100% every game you lose just as many because you're tired more often and being in the cup final can ruin your chances in the league as Warrington showed last year.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

jao711

Post by jao711 »

sorry josie,but where does it say that.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

jao711 wrote:sorry josie,but where does it say that.
Say 'what?'
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Fay boy is in Aus and I am sorry but this article was an example of lazy ill informed opinion;

1 = Michael Maguire’s men looked out on their feet at times as they came up with a lot of dropped ball.

FACT Wigan had a higher completion rate than Leeds. Ours was 70%+, Leeds 68/69% - DROPPED BALL is a fallacy, certain no more than Leeds

2 = I was impressed with their young prop Lee Mossop who gets better with every game

FACT Moss spent the majority of thje match off the pitch with a dislocated shoulder. For obvious reason he had an ordinary but incredibly brave and Schofield is basing his report on his liking for Moss not the game.

3 = But Wigan’s golden boy Sam Tomkins needs to cut out all the niggly rubbish that marred his game yesterday. It was ugly to watch and someone needs to get hold of him and tell him to show the opposition a lot more respect.

Do I even need to comment on the absurdity of this comment? Hello Ryan Bailey Gary, total bias Fatboy!!
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Garry Schofield?!!....Never heard of him!! :wink: :wink:
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Schofield should take a pop at Bailey before turning his attention to Sam, Bailey barged into Charnley on purpose after Hall scored their first. Bet he wouldn't have tried such a stunt with the likes of Lima or Hoffman! Imagine if Deano or Superkel were still playing for us, they'd soon have given him a taste of his own medicine.

However, it has to be said that we responded in the correct manner ... on the scoreboard & picking that cup up.