Wigan discipline Sam

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
wall_of_voodoo

Wigan discipline Sam

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Sam Tomkins has been the subject today of disciplinary action by Wigan Rugby League Club in respect of his disrespectful gesture to the Leeds fans during Saturday's Carnegie Challenge Cup Final. The Wigan Club regrets this behaviour by one of its players and takes full responsibility without limitation or excuses. The player has been censured and fined.

The Wigan Club has apologised formally to the Leeds Club and, through this Press Release, to Leeds fans generally.

Wigan Chairman and Owner, Ian Lenagan, commented:-

"We were ashamed at the gesture made to the Leeds fans by a Wigan player, Sam Tomkins, in Saturday's Final. Such gestures towards opposing fans have no place at Wigan or in the Rugby League family and both I and Michael Maguire condemn them unreservedly."
http://wiganwarriors.com/WContent.aspx?id=6389&type=1
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
wall_of_voodoo

Re: Wigan discipline Sam

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Also more than an interesting "debate" about this on http://www.facebook.com/SuperLeagueFans

Watch out for the vile language though :blush: as they all talk about a "family" game :hehe:
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
HGWarrior

Post by HGWarrior »

Well done Sam.
The future's bright

The future's Cherry & White!!!!!
Matthew

Post by Matthew »

Can we expect a similar apology from the leeds fans for their songs about his Mother?

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I hope behind the scenes IL is showing some guts and standing up for Wigan and Sam. If Cas were fined for their fans behaviour then why not Leeds?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

And I hope the club exercised some diplomacy considering this lad could take his talents, and his brothers, anywhere he bloody well likes!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Wigan Warriors RLFC may have no option but to drop Sam.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ml&BID=480

The matter could yet be taken out of the club's hands if Tomkins is charged by the Rugby Football League, whose match-review panel are due to look into the incident tomorrow.

Earlier this year St Helens dropped Kyle Eastmond after he made a two-fingered salute to his own club's fans.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Panchitta Marra wrote:Wigan Warriors RLFC may have no option but to drop Sam.

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ml&BID=480

The matter could yet be taken out of the club's hands if Tomkins is charged by the Rugby Football League, whose match-review panel are due to look into the incident tomorrow.

Earlier this year St Helens dropped Kyle Eastmond after he made a two-fingered salute to his own club's fans.
That suited the club as well!
onedego

Post by onedego »

yes, but it's not a matter for the match review committee...

Matter dealt with, club appologised, move on...

But wait, the whining Dire & Stains fans have nothing better to do with their time than call for Tomkins to be birched (even Logan who they aint seen yet).
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Matthew wrote:Can we expect a similar apology from the leeds fans for their songs about his Mother?
Don't hold your breath Matthew! Leeds fans.... :eusa: :eusa: