Thingies

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
gpartin

Re: Thingies

Post by gpartin »

Panchitta Marra wrote:
cpwigan wrote:Were where they selling them? or am I a numpty and missed them? I enjoyed using one at the GF.
Along Wembley Way as you approached the stadium end, just before you went up the ramps taking you to the entry gates.
Wigan fan listening infront of me was pi55ed off more and more by Benthams decissions, he got pretty angry with Leeds offloading after he had already shouted "held" and let the play continue.
He totally did, I forgot about that!!

I also got mine from A woman on one of the ramps but they were selling them inside the stadium at a kiosk where you could get programmes too.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

I am purchasing my programme off Ebay. They sell the surplus ones on and they are sold for less than the cover price etc.

To be honest I took the whole day very relaxed until the 2nd half. Concentrated on ensuring the Mrs had a good fill of coffee pre match and we had a bite to eat etc. I was so confident but got annoyed when we stopped playing.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

cpwigan wrote:I was concentrating on keeping the Mrs safe and happy. Shame as I like to listen to the referee audio. We had 2 on our row of seats that made umpteen trips to either the bar or toilet. I will never understand people going to sports events and spending half the even buying drinks or going to the toilet. I do not drink or eat during the match.
Spot on cp..does my head in as well,
onedego

Post by onedego »

is there a brand name on the things? I'd be interested to get hold of one from somewhere...
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Were where they selling them? or am I a numpty and missed them? I enjoyed using one at the GF.
They were stood on Wembley Way and around the various entrances. Easily confused with Charity Collectors though so easy to miss!

CP, why didn't you bring yours with you? I'm assuming they work at all games as they just scan the frequencies!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Might have thrown it away but I will check. Good thinking KW
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

onedego wrote:is there a brand name on the things? I'd be interested to get hold of one from somewhere...
You can have mine mate! I'm going to Warrington on Sunday!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

onedego wrote:is there a brand name on the things? I'd be interested to get hold of one from somewhere...
Its called a Sound Dec. www.sounddec.com

Bet you can get em on EBay though!
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

gpartin wrote:
You can have mine mate! I'm going to Warrington on Sunday!
May see you there then :)
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Will the one I bought in 2011 still work? Will I need to change the battery?