Gareth Thomas

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Shaun1967

Re: Gareth Thomas

Post by Shaun1967 »

DaveO wrote: Madge says he knows nothing about it.
Which points to it being primarily an off field signing as many suspect.
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Shaun1967 wrote:
DaveO wrote: Madge says he knows nothing about it.
Which points to it being primarily an off field signing as many suspect.
Which brings me back to my original charge that our long and proud history is being prostituted. Its a long time since I heard the shout “Give im an Oscar!” but I'm expecting a resurrection next season! :lol:
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

He is free isnt he?

With a movie coming out also it's all about the ££££££ for Wigan
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

ancientnloyal wrote:He is free isnt he?

Are we in line for a cut of the box office takings? If not where do we get the ££££ from?

Welsh people buying Wigan replica shirts because he played a year in our reserves? I think not. Coach loads of South Wales people heading to Orrell for reserve matches? Nope.

Jason Robinson was a bit of a bad lad in his younger days until Inga took him under his wing. Went on to be an RL and RU legend. He's only 37. Lets get him out of retirement and make a film about him for some £££££. He'd be better than Thomas as a player anyway.
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

DaveO wrote:

Are we in line for a cut of the box office takings? If not where do we get the ££££ from?

Welsh people buying Wigan replica shirts because he played a year in our reserves? I think not. Coach loads of South Wales people heading to Orrell for reserve matches? Nope.

Jason Robinson was a bit of a bad lad in his younger days until Inga took him under his wing. Went on to be an RL and RU legend. He's only 37. Lets get him out of retirement and make a film about him for some £££££. He'd be better than Thomas as a player anyway.
totally agree, actually surprised we didn't a few years back.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Shaun1967

Post by Shaun1967 »

Kittwazzer wrote: Which brings me back to my original charge that our long and proud history is being prostituted.
Some people would see selling yourself as prostitution.
Others may term this as marketing.
One things for certain, we can't trust IL to make the right decision can we?
“Usually the fans that abuse players like Sam have never done anything of any note themselves. They’re nobodies, whose greatest claim to fame is abusing someone who has, and these so-called ‘Eddie the Experts’ pretend to their mates that they have."

WALLY LEWIS
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

No straw damn us wrote:Whenever I have seen Thomas he has played well (at both RU and RL) so I suggest fans keep their powder dry until he has least played a few games. As CPW says he's costing us nothing and it's brilliant publicity. Get him pictured signing with Billy B by his side. Use every available publicity method, it could be a masterstroke
Please allow me to refer you to exhibit a...
http://youtu.be/YILC-7k2VDM
jasonnlouise

Post by jasonnlouise »

a huge step backwards if this is true,just come up on sky sports news,cant see where he will play it will just stop youngsters coming through,he's about 38 so hardly one for the future,could understand if he was signed as a marketing ploy but who's going to buy his shirts.If this is the quality Wane and Harris are going to bring in enjoy this season it could be the last succesful one for a while.
Wes

Post by Wes »

wiganwarriordav​e​ wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:Whenever I have seen Thomas he has played well (at both RU and RL) so I suggest fans keep their powder dry until he has least played a few games. As CPW says he's costing us nothing and it's brilliant publicity. Get him pictured signing with Billy B by his side. Use every available publicity method, it could be a masterstroke
Please allow me to refer you to exhibit a...
http://youtu.be/YILC-7k2VDM
I am not for one minute agreeing with this signing BUT he did manage to play the ball correctly from that and since has moved on, how many bad games has he had? I think he is a solid player deserving of a chance with a mid table team NOT us but hey ho we have him now so lets see how the script pans out!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

DaveO wrote:

seems like a shrewd move it's not everyday you get publicity in a hollywood film if it comes to it. Wigan should i assume be mentioned at the end of it all confirming Thomas as a 'legend'.

I'd give Jim Carey a contract if it meant that sort of exposure.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame