gaz hock thread

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
DaveO

Re: Gaz Hock

Post by DaveO »

No straw damn us wrote:I'm not convinced that the gouging was deliberate but the fact that Hock had his fingers in that area will probably get him into trouble, and then there was the punch. I'm guessing at a 4 - 6 match ban.
Depends on what he gets charged with (and convicted of assuming he is...) Could be the next tariff up which is 6 to 8 games I think.

He might get away with 4-6 tariff if they think it wasn't intentional but whatever your view on that is the fact it gets replayed a million times on TV will influence the outcome as it did with Sam (no one ever punished for similar offences before with that one).

Still even if the RFL react to TV coverage as I believe they do, Hock won't have anyone but himself to blame if he cops a long ban.

First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

I think the only thing in Hock's defence is that Harrison didn't react. If he'd jumped up and started throwing muches then you know he'd done it. He must have felt his fingers round his eye but only pushed hock.

Then again i wouldn't pick a fight with him, and even after the punch Morley only ran in to break things up.

Still looked very bad though and i dont expect to see him again until next year.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

http://www.sportinglife.com/rugbyleague ... ml&BID=480

Sam escaped with a warning, Lima too. They will try to hammer Hock IMO.
wall_of_voodoo

Post by wall_of_voodoo »

Gareth Hock of Wigan has been charged with two offences in the Warriors’ defeat at Warrington Wolves on Sunday: the Grade E offence of gouging and a Grade A offence of punching. Both occurred in the 80th minute and involved Warrington’s Ben Harrison. The suspension tariff for a player found guilty of a Grade E offence is 4-8 matches.The suspension tariff for a player found guilty of a Grade A offence is 0-1 matches; Grade B 1-2 matches; Grade E 4-8 matches.
The Match Review Panel also issued formal cautions to the following Super League players:

Sean Gleeson (Salford) – dangerous throw in the 66th minute on Andrew Dixon of St Helens.
Josh Hodgson (Hull KR) – making dangerous contact with Scott Dureau of Catalan Dragons in the 27th minute.
Jeff Lima (Wigan Warriors) – pulling the hair of Matt King (Warrington Wolves) in the 58th minutes.
Sam Tomkins (Wigan Warriors) – use of feet on Jon Clarke of Warrington Wolves (60 minutes).
Hock "could" be looking at a 9 match suspension at worst
I'm a better fan than you
Because I don't "Boo"!!!

Yes I bloody know transfer fees do not count on the salary cap for those illiterates that need it explaining to them because they assume everyone is as thick as they are :roll:
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

wgnwrs wrote:Lets hope he gets suspended. I'm sure he's a nice bloke and that but he's a penalty machine. My post yesterday was perhaps harsh but he is a liability although a skilfull liabaility I grant.
I'm not going to slaughter Gareth on this one other than to say that he was rather stupid and will inevitably pay the price.But as for being skilfull.You can bet your bottom dollar that he's skilfull.Some players can only dream of having Hocks ability.See you next season Hockey when hopefully SW as sorted you out. :D
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

ajsefc wrote:He will be done for dangerous contact in the eye area, not gouging as he didn't gouge, wasn't good and if deliberate, very very naughty but the Hock haters have made it sound worse than what it was
There are also posters, myself included, who could not have been more possitive about the return of Gaz Hock.
The very same people are calling it how they saw it too.
Because he is Gaz Hock I think he will get the book thrown at him with a large ban.
This is only my thoughts ajsefc, and not that I dislike Gaz Hock.
onedego

Post by onedego »

they probably wanna nail him to a cross, and whip him with a cat'o'nine tails.
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I dont think it was a gouge in the sense of him actually putting his finger into the eye or eye socket area i think it was a grab and his hand slipped over the eye area.

That said its still massively dangerous and should be punished with a lengthy ban, i DO NOT wanna see this in our game from any player that includes wigan, the punch afterwards is a bit of argy bargy happens a lot but the eye incident was dangerous and should be punished heavily.

I was so pleased after the bradford match that Hock was getting back to his best but for gods sake he doesnt make it easy to like him.

The tomkins incident, there is nothing in it, he didnt swing at the ball or the man he went to slide his foot under the ball and risked injuring himself the most!, however he will prob get a 1 match ban as he used his get out of jail card against leeds.

In both cases the bans will hopefully do the players good, in sams case to give him a rest.

Hock, well what can you say? will he ever learn? can you imagine if you could put hansen's temperament in hocks body and ability! but alas i fear hock will continue to be a "could of been"
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

One match ban, ready for the playoffs. Hands go into the same positition every game. Because Hock was over the tof rather than the side it looked far worse but gouging was not the intent. Harrison did not react which I am sure he would have if he had fingers in his eyes. If Hock is out for the season kiss the league goodbye and don't book old T too soon. Lockers is carrying an injury, Mossop same, lets face it one prop out and we are in trouble. Stains won't be easy, OT is a long way of and folks are wanting hock away for the season. and I thought they supported WW.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

It was ludicrously stupid but gouge him? If he did then why did Harrison not react as such. I do think Sam and Lima getting nothing bodes bad for Hock.