Rangi Chase!!

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wes

Re: Rangi Chase!!

Post by Wes »

Its trying to juggle without dropping a ball isnt it, I would hate for Mellor to leave because he can get 1st team footy at another club! Also I really do rate Chase but we seem to be a very structured club and the million dollar question is can a player like Chase fit in to our structures and grinding gameplan because IMO he is more of a free spirit Sam T is given free reign at FB but he also fits well into the structures and set moves, how many players like this can you have without upsetting the balance.

Ahhhh who knows if we signed him I would be over the moon but if we lost Mellor I would be gutted!

Only smarties have the answer!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Would Chase and Finchy's playing style of Rugby Leage match up. Who would play which role "Scrum Half/Stand Off" or "Right/Left side preference".
Wandering Warrior

Post by Wandering Warrior »

I've read his contract isn't up till 2012 so money could have to change hands.
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Anyone know any more on this??
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

29wes28 wrote:On red vee today!

Hot off the Press

From the same bloke who told me about Hohaia before he signed..

We are after 1 more signing, but need to get rid of 2 before we can, as believe it or not we are at the top of salary cap. Lots of players on back loaded contracts i.e 50k 1st yr 70k 2nd yr 90k 3rd year etc.

Likely to be English player. Also Leigh are after Purtill to replace Millward but he is not interested in going.

Also Wigan have more or less signed Rangi Chase. Just arguing about compensation payments. Am not disclosing where he has got the info from, but like I say in fairness he told me about Hohaia and I laughed and then lo and behold we signed him.

If Wigan do get Chase, its bad news for the rest of us.
Heard the same. Compensation and new work permit not withstanding - this is rumoured to be a "done deal" as quite a few Castleford players are NOT impressed with the appointment of Millward as coach for next season
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

I wonder if this was to be the 'massive announcement' that never happened?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Where does that figure come from?
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

Kittwazzer wrote:Where does that figure come from?
Thin air :cool: :o
OJ

Post by OJ »

Some fans of the league leaders seem to think he is going there
http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=507870
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Kittwazzer wrote:Where does that figure come from?
Probably here:
Castleford Tigers are still battling to keep star stand-off Rangi Chase at the club for next season, despite intense interest in acquiring his services from NRL as well as domestic clubs.

The Kiwi star is the subject of interest for three Australian and two English clubs, according to a report in League Weekly, though Cronulla Sharks have apparently dropped their pursuit of the player.

“Cronulla have not followed up on their initial offer to him,” the player’s agent Danny Orr said.

“Castleford are also talking to me with regards restructuring his current contract to satisfy me and Rangi and keep him at the club.

“Richard Wright (Castleford CEO) has to look at ways his club can keep within the salary cap. He is happy there and they have always looked after him but it is a case of whether they will be able to afford him with such world attention focused on him right now.”

The Tigers are believed to be seeking a £500,000 compensation settlement for the two years left on the player’s contract.
The only point worth noting is this story emanated on 30th June
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!