South Stand Fan

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Leyther Pie

Re: South Stand Fan

Post by Leyther Pie »

RIP Mark - Such a shame.
I've never felt more like singing the Blues
When the Wiganers win and the Leythers lose.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Didn't know the lad but I'm struggling to get my head around this. Young bloke with 2 young lad he obviously dotes on. He is involved with Chorley U13s who his elder son plays for. Probably worked all week looking forward to taking his eldest to Wigan's last SL game of the season.

And then this happens. How does a family come to terms with something like this?
onedego

Post by onedego »

Kittwazzer wrote:Didn't know the lad but I'm struggling to get my head around this. Young bloke with 2 young lad he obviously dotes on. He is involved with Chorley U13s who his elder son plays for. Probably worked all week looking forward to taking his eldest to Wigan's last SL game of the season.

And then this happens. How does a family come to terms with something like this?
God only knows Stu. Scared the bejesus out of me though... He was 41years old, a big fella. I'm 30 years old, a big fella... No kids or nothing, but still... Last night is something that keeps running around in and out and in and out of my brain... it's just not right...
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

In my experience there isn't a way of answering the why's and how's of this kind of thing. The only thing that can be done is to look at the fact that even though he was only
Young he had his interests in life, got to see his son playing
Rugby and found some kind of happiness with a family. It's no consolation to his family at the moment I'm sure but these are all things that some people who live twice as long never get.

My thoughts are obviously with his family at this time!
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Too soon for next weekend but if results go to form and we play Stains again 2 weeks later, wouldn't it be nice if Jack and Ben could walk onto the pitch with the players!
moffsta

Post by moffsta »

R.I.P. Mark Evans, my thought are with his family at this difficult time. Champions 2010, lets hope we can make it 2011 too......... for Mark
NathanCroucher

Post by NathanCroucher »

Rest in peace.
Lovers Come & Go But I Will Always Have My Wigan Rugby.
botica

Post by botica »

It was Mark's funeral today and wow what a great turn out.
Just proof and parcel what a great guy he was.

There were Family, Rugby friends and Work colleagues in attendance and the service was incredibly moving. It was heartbreaking for his Wife, Sons and there was hardly a dry eye in there.

Wigan's Josh Charnley was in attendance with 2 other guys who I didn't recognise, which I thought was a wonderful gesture. There was also a signed Wigan ball on top of the coffin.

RIP MARK XX
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Nice touch Jackie. Josh is a Chorley lad anyway isn't he. Bet he would have known Mark. Still think it would be nice if Jack and Ben were invited to lead the team out next Sunday!
botica

Post by botica »

He is Stuart and he would have at the very least seen him knocking around, although i do know he knew some of his family. That would be a lovely gesture wouldn't it x
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010