Just when you think last weeks refing was the worst youve seen!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
GBH

Just when you think last weeks refing was the worst youve seen!

Post by GBH »

Just when you think last weeks refing was the worst youve seen! you get that farse today the does bentham not no hes supposed to watch play not turn his back on it and miss the forward pass!
Snickers Workwear - Workwear - Safety Boots
cpwigan

Re: Just when you think last weeks refing was the worst youve...

Post by cpwigan »

Corrupt sport GBH
cumbria_warrior

Post by cumbria_warrior »

its as bad in the leeds v hull game, rfl have decided who ids in next weeks games
mackie1981

Post by mackie1981 »

That was a joke its time the club stood up to the RFL and said enough is enough. Saints were never onside once all afternoon. Where as we were pulled back 14 yards every time. Coley gets put on report for a high tackle and later soliaola does exacly the same and didnt even get spoken to! Far too annoyed to put any more.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

cpwigan wrote:Corrupt sport GBH
I was thinking about your other thread all through today's game and it began to depress me that you could well be right. The RFL/Sky know who they don't want at OT!
pie eater and proud of it

Post by pie eater and proud of it »

mackie1981 wrote:That was a joke its time the club stood up to the RFL and said enough is enough. Saints were never onside once all afternoon. Where as we were pulled back 14 yards every time. Coley gets put on report for a high tackle and later soliaola does exacly the same and didnt even get spoken to! Far too annoyed to put any more.
Correct.

They were NEVER onside.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Mackie and PEAPOI are spot on. The real way officials can make a difference without raising alarm bells is by allowing one team to stand offside repeatedly, to allow that team to complete tackles, gain their feet, release tackled players slowly whilst take the other team beyond 10, call held sooner and insist they jump off tackled players.

It goes beyond that though.

Something that irks me is how match officials weak in week out turn a blind eye to the 'extras' Sam receives.

Ours is a corrupt sport
Welski

Post by Welski »

To call it corrupt is perhaps harsh, but it is quite evident that the referees seem to be having a greater influence on the outcome of matches. Yesterday was a case in point. Sounds like sour grapes but I've been just as annoyed at some the games we've won despite the numerous 'poor' decisions.

HOWEVER the most annoying thing by a ‘country mile’ was the “impartiality” of the Sky commentary team of Eddie and Stevo.
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
BriH

Post by BriH »

Yeh, pretty crap refereeing.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

Come on guys, we all know that referees are poor but we also need to look at our own performance. It upsets me to say it but Saints were the best team yesterday irrespective of the refereeing decisions.

Our forwards have not played well for a while now and certainly not up to the standards of last season. There may be several reasons for that: fatigue, injury, age or perhaps all three. We are not going forward enough! For our backs to be successful we need to dominate their forwards this simply isn't happening. Coley was anonymous yesterday - his knees seem to have given up. Cross wasn't match fit. Lima and Lockers are in my view carrying injuries. H looks tired. The end result is that we are not making the hard yards, gaining quick play the balls which the the likes of Sam thrive on. In addition, we are not getting as many bodies into the tackle and the opposition seem to be getting a roll on - Roby had a field day yesterday.

I hope that I am wrong but Madge maybe regretting the fact that he hasn't rested some of his players.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards