6,790 attendance

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
Wigan_panda

Re: 6,790 attendance

Post by Wigan_panda »

Just seen the prices for the Saints game. Absolutely ridiculous! The RFL need to have a look at themselves. I'm getting rapidly fed up with their mistakes. They go on and on about our game moving 'forwards' but they are the exact reason that it isn't moving forwards!
It's good to have an end to journey towards, but it's the journey that matters in the end.
kick it int duggie again

Post by kick it int duggie again »

Wigan_panda wrote:Just seen the prices for the Saints game. Absolutely ridiculous! The RFL need to have a look at themselves. I'm getting rapidly fed up with their mistakes. They go on and on about our game moving 'forwards' but they are the exact reason that it isn't moving forwards!
the RFL just dont get this concept,better a stadium full of people paying half price, or a stadium half full of people paying full price !!!!
RJ

Post by RJ »

I have personally never been a fan of this playoff concept believing it just to be another way for the RFL to milk money from fans. Not everything they do in Oz is worth copying. We should put the CC final back to where it belongs and reinstate the hub cap to the prime position it deserves. If we must have a playoff competition this present format doesn't cut it and should be scrapped and lose the hype that this is the be all and end all competition which it patently isn't.
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Correct everyone. The Rugby League Season ended 2 weeks ago. Congrats to Wire as worthy winners. I was happy that our season saw us bring the Challenge Cup back home.

For the rest, we have all been brainwashed to accept the importance of a non-entity!
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

NRL Play-off's last two wkends (5 matches) Crowds were 14,800 at Melbourne, 45,000 at Wests Tigers, 49,000 at Brisbane, and 31,000 at Manly & 29,000 (Capacity) at Melbourne again.

Season Tickets not valid there either, all live TV, Away support minimal due to the distances people have to travel, up against RU World Cup at same times, plus we have the farewell's of some of our favourite players & coach and we get the lowest attendance in the play-off's.

Something not right here - don't know what others think.
Just a case of not being bothered ?

Bet all of a sudden we get to the GF and suddenly 30,000 will be after tickets?
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Nezza Faz wrote:NRL Play-off's last two wkends (5 matches) Crowds were 14,800 at Melbourne, 45,000 at Wests Tigers, 49,000 at Brisbane, and 31,000 at Manly & 29,000 (Capacity) at Melbourne again.

Season Tickets not valid there either, all live TV, Away support minimal due to the distances people have to travel, up against RU World Cup at same times, plus we have the farewell's of some of our favourite players & coach and we get the lowest attendance in the play-off's.

Something not right here - don't know what others think.
Just a case of not being bothered ?

Bet all of a sudden we get to the GF and suddenly 30,000 will be after tickets?
your missing 1 key fact, in Oz rugby league isnt treated like a second rate amateur sport
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

However you wrap it up it's a poor turnout. If I could possibly have had the day off work I'd have gone but couldn't. I too think it's overpriced but I reckon MM would be a bit disappointed that less then 7000 showed up to his final game at the DW, not to mention the other players leaving.
Whatever the reasons for it, (which are all valid) it's not good enough.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

Sorry WiganFE1985, don't know if you went to the match yesterday or not, but based on that argument, then I take it you won't be going to the GF if we get there ?
adiddy

Post by adiddy »

I have to say that usually when I post on here I try to be as positive as possible!! Last nights attendence was embarrassing!!! I appreciate the cost of going, when after a season of using your season ticket you suddenly get smacked with having to pay....but so what, you find the money and go, because its your team!!! Do people not go to away games because they have to pay?! There is absolutely no chance that our sport will be anything other than a "second class amateur sport" unless people start turning up and supporting their teams!!! Last night we had Madges last home game potentially his last game in charge of Wigan....after what he's done for the club the man deserved more than 6700 people saying thanks!!! Hoffman, Coley, O'carroll, and others leaving Too!! Someone stated that the challenge cup games were better than the play-off games so far......no bugger turned up for them either, so whats the point? Im not a fan of everything Australian, but they have proved the concept works, the difference between us and them, is they want to see their teams win....at all costs, and PAY to see it!!! As Naz said I bet if we get to OT everyone will want a ticket then!!! Just think of the attendences if Wigan people who live in Wigan who turn up for the big games bought season tickets etc!!! I live near stoke, I dont have much disposable income, but I make choices and give up some things socially, so I can attend home and away fixtures, because watching Wigan Rflc is my hobby and passion....whether I have to pay or not!!! The big positive from last night, was the Brigantes...last night they were fantastic!!! Well done all of you, you more than compensated for the lack of "fans" at the ground!!! Have already got my saints tickets..and looking forward to giving the auld enemy a good pasting!! Hope all the doom and gloomers put their hands in their pockets and give our wonderful team the support they most certainly deserve!!! See you all next week!!!

Rant over!!!
Matt
PS i couldnt even give away 2 junior tickets for free for last nights game!!! says it all really!!!
Rant defo over now!!
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Don't see how anyone has the right to critise whether people chose to attend or not.
I was not there due to family commitments, but do have a season ticket.
If individuals chose not to attend for whatever reason, then that is their choice.
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered