Joel to Union

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Wandering Warrior

Re: Joel to Union

Post by Wandering Warrior »

Dave O
You can argue, & this seems to be a massive buzz for you, until you are blue in the face but it's IL's money & not only is he the Chairman he's also the Owner in case you forget.
Now he doesn't need to tell you any of his plans or how he spends his money despite what you might think on your own little planet & neither does he have to be accountable to fans. Now if he wants to take the fans with him & they want to go that's a different matter!
Just remind me now, is & was Mr Whelan up front?
When John Byrom plays on snow, he doesn't leave any footprints - Jimmy Armfield
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

Sam and Joel will never go to rah rah imo. They will however join Madge at Souths in a couple of seasons.
Up The Mont!
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Is this a ploy to increase his contract terms ?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Seriously people need to understand that Joel is gone, provided Wigan receive acceptable compensation, if they do not he will have to like it/lump it and stay.

Sam is going nowhere in 2012.
endoman

Post by endoman »

cpwigan wrote:Seriously people need to understand that Joel is gone, provided Wigan receive acceptable compensation, if they do not he will have to like it/lump it and stay.

Sam is going nowhere in 2012.
And sadly I understand why. Shocking indictment on the salary cap and the total lack of thinking from the RFL.

Never thought I would say this but I seriously worry for RL at the moment. I have zero interest in the forthcoming internationals, to be honest I don't even know how many teams are playing. Our players need a rest. They get it all the time in RU, it's a totally different game.

I've watched zero games of the RU world cup, and don't expect that to change. Find it far to dull, and can't abide the chinless wonders at the top of it.

We need to change salary cap asap or we will die of mediocrity. Heard McNamara on the radio this morning, I had to turn it off it was so full of cliches and bullshit bingo.

We can replace Joel, but I'd much rather he be stopping, he's clearly not a natural centre. Don't see where he fits in in RU, not fast enough for wing, technical enough for pack, maybe he can learn their centre play?
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

If Joel is going/gone then so be it, we have been strong in the back row for a number of years and I think we still are irrespective of Tomkins taking the soft option.
All I say is for IL to utilise the additional Salary Cap money and select replacement players(s) wisely.
shevington

Post by shevington »

Joel has signed for Harlequins RU.
Deal was done yesterday.
shevington

Post by shevington »

I will be renewing my season ticket regardless.

Even if I dont know who the coach will be and Joel (& possibly Sam) will no longer be playing for us.

On the plus side we may have a superstar 37 yearold former Union player playing for us tho :conf:
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

Wandering Warrior wrote:Dave O
You can argue, & this seems to be a massive buzz for you, until you are blue in the face but it's IL's money & not only is he the Chairman he's also the Owner in case you forget.
Now he doesn't need to tell you any of his plans or how he spends his money despite what you might think on your own little planet & neither does he have to be accountable to fans. Now if he wants to take the fans with him & they want to go that's a different matter!
Just remind me now, is & was Mr Whelan up front?
Whelan was not as you say "up front". However, he did not go around selling the club's best players and replacing them with 37 year-old injury prone rugby union players either :wink:

One thing Whelan also liked was good news broadcast to the multitude (or even his own thoughts), whether interested or not. He did NOT keep everyone in the dark over how he likes to run things (and if you want examples read his many quotes towards the Latics/premier league etc)
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Shevington are you sure? My sources say this morning he still had not signed for anybody.