Pryce is not right for Warriors!!!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Pryce is not right for Warriors!!!

Post by josie andrews »

This is the headline on the back page of todays WEP!
Karl Pryce is looking to revive his career after being told he won't be offered a new contract at Wigan.

The towering three-quarters is thought to have attracted several rugby union clubs.

He made a total of sixteen games in four years.

And it has taken this long for the club to realise what we the fans knew more or less from the start!!!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cpwigan

Re: Pryce is not right for Warriors!!!

Post by cpwigan »

For those who like their boxing, Pryce is Henry Akinwande :wink:
highland convert

Post by highland convert »

16 games in four years????
Wigan_panda

Post by Wigan_panda »

What are you going on about Josie?! He was one of our best players in the best 4 years. His effort was brilliant and he never gave up. He was always willing to get back and defend and If we had him last season we might just have had enough to do the double.

Wait, what?
It's good to have an end to journey towards, but it's the journey that matters in the end.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

Bloody good riddance!I tried to give him time in the hope we would see the old spark from his Bradford days but nothing ever emerged.Going on my hols today and shall be eager to see who and if we sign anyone whilst I am away.I along with many supporters have been patient but the deafening silence from the club is becoming so bloody annoying especially when you see other clubs announcing in coming players.I do remember Joe Lydon sending me an email a few years ago explaining the silence from the club regarding possible signings.In as much as they kept things quiet so as not to alert other clubs and consequently push up the asking price.This I can understand but it really is frustrating. I hope that Leeds and Saints smack each other up and down the field tonight. :D
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

josie andrews wrote:This is the headline on the back page of todays WEP!
Karl Pryce is looking to revive his career after being told he won't be offered a new contract at Wigan.

The towering three-quarters is thought to have attracted several rugby union clubs.

He made a total of sixteen games in four years.

And it has taken this long for the club to realise what we the fans knew more or less from the start!!!
Least surprising news of the year :D
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
MrDave

Post by MrDave »

Shame for him really he has so much potential, size and skill but his heart never seems to be in the game and it really shows on the pitch.

I don't blame Wigan for giving him a go but perhaps it was obvious rugby league wasn't his thing last season.

Perhaps he is better suited to being a winger in rugby union.
slimshady

Post by slimshady »

cpwigan wrote:For those who like their boxing, Pryce is Henry Akinwande :wink:
More like Audrey Harrison
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

slimshady wrote:
Thats has to be the best comparison for Pryce. Pryce has the attributes to be a world class player he does not ahve the heart for it.

Pity if he wanted to be a top class player he would have been an asset to any team.
jobo

Post by jobo »

slimshady wrote:
All the potential, just no heart for it. Massive shame really.