Long Retires

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
ancientnloyal

Re: Long Retires

Post by ancientnloyal »

Great player, great career (on the pitch)

space is open for the next Wigan enemy #1
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

ancientnloyal wrote:Great player, great career (on the pitch)

space is open for the next Wigan enemy #1
Let's all hope he isn't currently amongst our numbers!
wigwar

Post by wigwar »

I never really got over what Long did to us in our last Challenge Cup final appearance at Cardiff. It was after the betting scandal involving him and Gleeson had come to light and the RFL put off banning him until later in the season, just so that he could take us apart on his way to winning the cup and the Lance Todd trophy!
I still feel very bitter.(wanted to stick an emoticon here, but not very technically adept and couldn't work out how to do it!)
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

He was a quailty player, Some of his off pitch dealings were not great, but on the pitch? Class act.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
old hooker

Post by old hooker »

Class player,its a pity he could not have shown a bit more class off the pitch.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

Salford confirm Long appointment

Salford City Reds have today confirmed the appointment of rugby league legend Sean Long as assistant coach.

Long will join the Reds for pre-season training next season alongside Phil Veivers as assistants to head coach Matt Parish and brings with him a host of experience from the very top of the game.

Matt Parish said today: “Sean is a winner and he will bring that winning mentality to the Club. We are fortunate to have been able to attract him. I have met him several times and his knowledge of the game is immense. I hae enjoyed talking footy with him and look forward to him joining our team.”

http://www.code13rugbyleague.com/2011/0 ... um=twitter
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

According to this morning's paper, he is signing as a player for Preston Grasshoppers. No mention of Salford!
thomo

Post by thomo »

this lookls like it has been confirmed
is he doing both coaching an playing

it was in the rugby league weekly a full page article on his now coaching career
Robswarriors

Post by Robswarriors »

Yeah he as said he signing a one year deal with the Preston grasshoppers and working on the Salford coaching staff