Lauaki has signed - official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Re: Lauaki has signed - official

Post by jobo »

Definitely not impressed with what I saw of him playing for Hull but if I remember correctly, it was Shaun Wayne who said after the departure of Nobby, that we didn't need any new players and that the squad we had was good enough to win the GF. A lot of people thought he was wrong. I'll reckon we should back his judgement on this signing.
OJ

Post by OJ »

DaveO wrote: We should just not be signing players who need work aged 27 on three year deals who take a quota spot up.

Overseas players of that age ought to be signed for what they can do for Wigan, not what Wigan can do for them.
I normally agree with most of what you say Dave but still think the coaching staff have seen something that will benefit Wigan and I am happy to leave them to work with the guy and see what happens. I guess that is why they are coaches and we are just fans.
Incidentally who - that is currently available - would you have had them sign instead ?
Never argue with an idiot. He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

thomo

Post by thomo »

Couple of point I have and dont know the answers but we need to look at him as value on the cap
If he has come for a low wage then fine - lets have him but if he is coming for big money is is money that could be better spent.

I also thought Hull released him - is not like we have chased him and signed him - he is a reject

as for who would I have signed - transfer fee paid for Luke O'Donnell from Hudds. w
BigJeffLima

Post by BigJeffLima »

personally i think its a terrible signing but until i see lauaki play in the cherry and white i will not judge him !
FROM A TO B

Post by FROM A TO B »

Good to see we are getting behind our coaching staff and players.
He hasn't even pulled on the jersey yet and he's getting slagged off, along with the club for signing him.

Lets give him a chance at least :exc:
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
Warrior came
Warrior saw
Warrior conquered
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

I urge people to take a look at some of the posters comments regarding Finch.He was crap!What a waste of money etc.The same posters who jumped on the band wagon a few months later when he started to show his class.This guy played for Hull. Not Wigan!And under Agar who has never excelled as a coach.Under Shaun Wayne we might just get to see the player that Shaun believes him to be.Only time will tell on that score.I myself am not over enthused at this signing but am willing to give our coaching staff the benefit of doubt.Or until we see things differently.The man as not even picked up the ball in Wigan colours.So until he does lets just believe that Shaun knows better than us and give the guy a chance. :D
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

I cannot disagree that after watching him play for Hull and also statistically it does not look a good signing, however I am a great believer in giving everyone a chance and I will not judge him on his past career (although I understand why people do), but I will judge him on his Wigan performances after a significant amount of games. The reason for this is simply because I don't care about his past I care about the present and what he is going to do for us in the upcoming season, therefore I will reserve judgement on the signing till at least 10 games for us. Think some people need to remember Jeff Lima coming with a very respectable reputation and being distinctly average for the first 10 games and people slaughtering him, but he came good. If Lauaki proves to be a terrible signing then all the posters that are not happy with it get to say 'I told you so' but the posters that reserve judgement don't get to say 'I told you so', but if he proves to be an astute signing all the doubters will have serious 'egg on their faces', what situation would you prefer to evolve hmmmmm?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
botica

Post by botica »

Didn't like him at Hull when we played him, he was dangerous, so would i like him on our side? not if he a penalty machine!
I hope he fits in and proves the posters wrong :/ not the classy act i was hoping for though....
"Not only did they beat St Helens in the Grand Final, they did it with style" Mike Stephenson 2nd Oct 2010
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Not impressed.
He is not a prop he is a second row, and even if Joel goes, we are not short of them.
He is a penalty machine.
From the occasions I have seen him , he plays about the same length of time as Feka, but without the success rate.
I wait to be proved wrong, but as a replacemnt for Coley? Not a good signing IMHO.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

As I see it we got to put our trust in Waney, he seems possitive on the bloke, who should be able to get him into the right frame of mind and condition to wear the Cherry & White.
Cant say much until that happens and we see it in the flesh.
The blokes a big tough unit, just got to get him focused and fit enough.