Lauaki has signed - official

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
THE 18th Man

Re: Lauaki has signed - official

Post by THE 18th Man »

i trust Wane and Bitcon will improve him from his Hull days and remembering what i and others said about Finch and Lima i'll reserve judgement. with Mossop, Hock, Fielden, Prescott, Lima, Crosby, Lauaki, Dudson (?) and Flower (?) we're not short of forwards for 2012
Wes

Post by Wes »

This is an excellent signing in my book and the doubters will be proven wrong!
Owd Codger

Post by Owd Codger »

Who is the Coach, Wane or some of you supporters?
moffsta

Post by moffsta »

Didn't realise he's a world class centre????? really don't think its props we need to be honest :conf:
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

exile in Tiger country wrote:Not impressed.
He is not a prop he is a second row, and even if Joel goes, we are not short of them.
He is a penalty machine.
From the occasions I have seen him , he plays about the same length of time as Feka, but without the success rate.
I wait to be proved wrong, but as a replacemnt for Coley? Not a good signing IMHO.
He gave away less penalties than Hoffman and the same number as Andy Coley.
medlocke

Post by medlocke »

No straw damn us wrote:
He is not a prop he is a second row, and even if Joel goes, we are not short of them.
He is a penalty machine.
From the occasions I have seen him , he plays about the same length of time as Feka, but without the success rate.
I wait to be proved wrong, but as a replacemnt for Coley? Not a good signing IMHO.
awaits DaveO to state all his other deficiencies with some stats :lol:
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Im going to reserve judgement till i have seen what the coaching team can do with him.

FWIW i rememeber the first game he played for hull, he was immense but went downhill after. You have to look at the coaching at Hull though O'meley was a very very good prop and agar managed to carve him into an average player.

Maguire took the same set of players that noble had and turned them into champions from nearly men. We dont know how good Wane will be but coaching makes a huge difference to players look what smith did with briers.

Penalties are down to technique, technique is down to training, fitness is down to coaching.

The worry i have is him and hock are both a shove away from brain farts of epic proportions. However wigan have been missing a Sh@thouse, all our great teams had them, skerret, cowie even cassidy in his younger years.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
gpartin

Post by gpartin »

medlocke wrote:
No straw damn us wrote:
He is a penalty machine.
He was probably on the pitch half as long as Hoffman.
Gareth Thomas before his first game: "You wanna spend 10 mins getting smashed up by these guys..Big dudes here.."

medlocke

Post by medlocke »

gpartin wrote:
medlocke wrote:
No straw damn us wrote: He gave away less penalties than Hoffman and the same number as Andy Coley.
He was probably on the pitch half as long as Hoffman.
and he supposedly played more games than Coley
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

No straw damn us wrote:
He is a penalty machine.
From what I remember of him last year, he was on the pitch less than Feka in his fat phase, and wasn't nearly as effective.
Give me some stats to show penalties per minute played and then were comparing like with like.
He was a bit player at Hull, Hoffman played most of the match when he played.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09