wigan and saracens

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
100% Warrior

Re: wigan and saracens

Post by 100% Warrior »

WW99 wrote:It means more Owen Farrell like scenarios for Saracens, sign them up before they even reach first team level at Wigan.
Exactly, this is my concern. Players such as Hampshire and Williams will come to Sarries attention before they've even had a game for the first team.
WW99

Post by WW99 »

TonyH wrote:Does everyone really think that Lenegan is that much of a mug to let them poach our best young players? The clause's written in to Sams contract are an excellent bit of business in my opinion, regardless if we have a partnership with Saracens or not.
Do you think he had a choice, what if the option was £250k and a link-up or poaching both Tomkins and letting ourselves take them to court?

If Manchesty City link up with a lower division team there's only way direction the best players, during their best years, will be going. In our case Saracens my not be bigger, but they have a massive financial advantage with the RFU behind them.
Toryboy

Post by Toryboy »

Saracens do have a huge financial advantage but not from the RFU. Nigel Wray has pumped millions into them and 2 years ago sold a large stake in Saracens to SAIL [South African Investment Limited] which is why they have so many Safa's in there squad most of whom are internationals.

Saracens i am sure can see huge marketing opportunities in this partnership, Wigan are the most famous club in rugby league. But Sarries do not enjoy such fame in Union and they have won the prem title once.

I will be interested in what the Chairman of Wigan has to say re : advantages to Wigan.
100% Warrior

Post by 100% Warrior »

Where are we supposed to fit a "cross codes" match into our schedule, we were shattered after chasing success in SL, the CC and WCC?
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Am I right that Saracens have a lot of South Africans playing for them. Might make fantastic RL players IMO. There is a lot to be gained from partnerships IMO.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

cpwigan wrote:Am I right that Saracens have a lot of South Africans playing for them. Might make fantastic RL players IMO. There is a lot to be gained from partnerships IMO.
Last count I think it was 14
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Toryboy

Post by Toryboy »

The Tom van Vollenhoven Cup is South African league's premier competition. The 2005/06 competition consisted of four teams: Eastern Eagles, Northern Bulls, Mpumalanga Panthers, Vaal Buffaloes.

Three emerging teams aimed to enter the Tom van Vollenhoven Cup for the next season. They were Drakensberg Wings, Central Manes, KZN Tigersharks.

In the 2007/08 season South African rugby league is made up five provincial teams: Eastern Eagles, Northern Bulls, Mpumalanga Panthers, Vaal Buffaloes, Central Manes. A total of 19 clubs then play in five provinces under these respective teams.

Interestingly Sydney Roosters have signed four South African rugby union players, the Melbourne Storm have also recruited players from the country.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Beat the crap out of them in the cross code match in league... try a bit at yawnion then batter them again at sevens
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

cpwigan wrote:Am I right that Saracens have a lot of South Africans playing for them. Might make fantastic RL players IMO. There is a lot to be gained from partnerships IMO.
Might find another Ray Mordt!
shawcross da warrior

Post by shawcross da warrior »

Agree with wiganforever on this one. We're gunna loose out on so much talent to yawnion coming in picking and choosing who they want!

There already talking about where there going to play Sam in three years time