Next Season Centre?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Next Season Centre?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Robswarriors wrote:You can't just throw them in, I would have a mix in he 1st team but we need an experienced scum half? Sam obst is a free agent :wink:
Sam Obst, I hope that is a joke!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
WiganWarrior

Post by WiganWarrior »

I believe Goulding has been given the number 3 shirt so I'm thinking he is lined up for it
Wigan til i Die !!!!

"Its like a game of union the ball disappears for 3-4 tackles then appears to be kicked" BBC GMR
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

WiganWarrior wrote:I believe Goulding has been given the number 3 shirt so I'm thinking he is lined up for it
Have you got the full squad list numbers by any chance?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Robswarriors

Post by Robswarriors »

I really like goulding, but I wouldn't play him centre, I honestly feel Wigan should do what Leeds did with Ablett and move Harrison Hansen into the centres, as for the scrum half position you can't convince me saints would have played lomax and gasket if it was not for injuries to eastmond and pryce, it was a gamble and it paid off, I don't think starting Powell or Mellor is the answer
Dobby

Post by Dobby »

Robswarriors wrote:I really like goulding, but I wouldn't play him centre, I honestly feel Wigan should do what Leeds did with Ablett and move Harrison Hansen into the centres
I am sorry but that is the worst idea I have ever heard.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

I personally feel that it should be Charnley at centre. The only sticking point is that we need a top winger outside him. If Roberts can regain his early 2010 form then I think it's the best option.

As for Goulding, well I like the lad, always have but just don't think he's quite what we're after. But as other posters have said, I'd love him to prove me wrong.
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."
Robswarriors

Post by Robswarriors »

Come on dobby explain yourself? Why I'd it the worst idea you have heard?? He is good with ball in hand, he is a fantastic defender and fair enough he does not have pace but carmont does not either
Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

I think we should avoid moving players from their natural positions unless its essential.

I would like to see another seasoned centre simply because i dont feee george will last the whole season and having 2 rookie centres could make us vulnerable to better teams who like to throw it out wide
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Robswarriors

Post by Robswarriors »

I'm just looking at all the options because of the cap and I was just stating a point that Ablett at Leeds was a good deciSion and a brave decision
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

Each of those is a worrying combination.

Not sure I fancy goulding and charnley on one wing, but don't think we have enough experience there to bring a kid in.

The other wing worries me just as much, Carmont was really struggling at the end of the season and as its his knees can only get worse. Pat has really struggled since his injury, just hope the off season sorts things out.

I really do think we should go to Hull and spend the Joel money on Yeaman or Welham.