2012 Season "Flutter time"

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
Welski

2012 Season "Flutter time"

Post by Welski »

It's that time of year when I mull over ways to support my local bookmaker.

Can anyone see the regular season title going to any team other than Wigan or Warrington?

I'm thinking: stick some cash on Wire and Wigan at 3.5 and 3.2 respectively....any thoughts
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Wigan_forever1985

Re: 2012 Season "Flutter time"

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

Saints will be stronger this year.

Suprise package could be hull, but ive thought that before, mind you now agar has gone they really could be
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Welski

Post by Welski »

I am a little surprised Wigan are the favourites given the personel changes.

You don't think Saints will miss Graham?
jobo

Post by jobo »

Welski wrote:I am a little surprised Wigan are the favourites given the personel changes.

You don't think Saints will miss Graham?
Reckon they'll miss him mightily. Also we could see the second season syndrome kicking for their young crop from last year.

Wigan_forever1985

Post by Wigan_forever1985 »

the will def miss graham but if they can keep perry on the park he could be good for them. I dont think the youngsters will struggle foster looks the real deal, lomax is in his 3rd season really this time, gaskell is make or break this year, he's shows signs of being a class act but too often made poor choices so see how he matures in the coming year. I just have a sneaky feeling they will surprise a lot of teams.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure
Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

I am not sure Dire will be as prolific this season.
Matt King will be a massive miss with Ratchford as his replacement ?.
Morley(34), Hodgson(33, Solomona(33) & Briers(33) are influential players, but another year on will they be as effective ?.
IMO Trent Waterhouse will be a more than capable replacement for Louis Anderson.

Stains without Ginger have every chance of being an improved side, they should be more settled (injuries) with Lomax, Gaskell, Wheeler & Makinson another SL year under their belts and they are no mugs.
Lance Hohaia has the ability to be in the running for MOS in 2012.
Much could depend upon the fitness and/or ambition of Perry, Laffranchi & Flanaghan.

Hull FC have a strong pack with a new coach that could awaken the Airlie Birds from their recent slumber.

The Whino’s should be a more settled side with a decent back line including young centres Watkins & Hardaker.

Tough to say who to put your money on.
Welski

Post by Welski »

Panchitta Marra wrote: I am not sure Dire will be as prolific this season.
Matt King will be a massive miss with Ratchford as his replacement ?.
Morley(34), Hodgson(33, Solomona(33) & Briers(33) are influential players, but another year on will they be as effective ?.
IMO Trent Waterhouse will be a more than capable replacement for Louis Anderson.

Stains without Ginger have every chance of being an improved side, they should be more settled (injuries) with Lomax, Gaskell, Wheeler & Makinson another SL year under their belts and they are no mugs.
Lance Hohaia has the ability to be in the running for MOS in 2012.
Much could depend upon the fitness and/or ambition of Perry, Laffranchi & Flanaghan.

Hull FC have a strong pack with a new coach that could awaken the Airlie Birds from their recent slumber.

The Whino’s should be a more settled side with a decent back line including young centres Watkins & Hardaker.

Tough to say who to put your money on.
Thanks PM very good round up Cheers.

I'm a little less certain now and also compounds my surprise that Wigan remain the Bookies favourites.
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

There's no doubt in my mind that Wigan will be there in 2012. I'm not gonna bother with the Challenge Cup this year as I want Eddie on Sky to keep calling us 'Champions' throughout the 2013 season. Just my opinion but even though we have a lot of history in the Challenge Cup, the Grand Final is the one for me.
Up The Mont!
Stormfan

ad a: 2012 Season "Flutter time"

Post by Stormfan »

I am confident that STORM will be again in the mix for the premiership in 2012.
Nezza Faz

Re: ad a: 2012 Season "Flutter time"

Post by Nezza Faz »

Just a reminder ; I think 2012 SL fixtures out tomorrow, from about 6.00 am (be early to book your cheapest flights for Perpignan!)OR wherever its played.