Referee for Saturday

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
josie andrews

Referee for Saturday

Post by josie andrews »

Wigan Warriors v Leeds Rhinos 5.45pm (SKY)

Ref T Alibert

TJ C Sharrad TJ T Martin

RR J Cobb

VR R Silverwood

TK A Mills

MC D Campbell
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
BriH

Re: Referee for Saturday

Post by BriH »

Oh no!! :( :( :( :(
kick it int duggie again

Post by kick it int duggie again »

Could he be any worse than Silverwood on sunday.
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

To be fair to the guy he's just as hapazard regardless of the team.Unlike other biased ref's who's blatant decision can turn a match in an instance.This guy is more like Mr Magoo he see's nowt that he should see and when he does see something it's often what nobody else as seen apart from him.In other words clueless!And as for Silverwood.He's not the one to blame for Sunday's shambolic display.The result would still be the same regardless of the ref.We did not turn up simple as that really. :D
bourbon_rat

Post by bourbon_rat »

O Dear !! Not a ref who will stand up to Leeds or impose penalties. :(
I'll be in Albury most of the weekend for a Storm v Raiders trial match so I'll miss the Leeds game :angry:

GOOD LUCK WIGAN !!
Always carry a flagon of whiskey in case of snakebite
and furthermore always carry a small snake
- W C Fields
TonyH

Post by TonyH »

If Lockers is going to talk to a referee then this is the game to do it because if Sinfield plays you can bet your last penny that he will be in Uncle Alberts ear all game.
Up The Mont!
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

He's a legend!
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
bazward76

Post by bazward76 »

Lets face it, it don't matter which ref takes charge as they're all as bad as one another. People will moan regardless of who's got the whistle although I would have preferred a ref who stamps a bit more authority on a game.
butt monkey

Post by butt monkey »

bazward76 wrote:Lets face it, it don't matter which ref takes charge as they're all as bad as one another. People will moan regardless of who's got the whistle although I would have preferred a ref who stamps a bit more authority on a game.
With this ref in charge we know exactly what Leeds are going to get away with as far as blatant offside, not lining square, cheap shots etc etc.

It is up to the coach to prepare the team accordingly and also for players to respond like-for-like if necessary
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
bazward76

Post by bazward76 »

butt monkey wrote:
bazward76 wrote:Lets face it, it don't matter which ref takes charge as they're all as bad as one another. People will moan regardless of who's got the whistle although I would have preferred a ref who stamps a bit more authority on a game.
With this ref in charge we know exactly what Leeds are going to get away with as far as blatant offside, not lining square, cheap shots etc etc.

It is up to the coach to prepare the team accordingly and also for players to respond like-for-like if necessary
Doesn't every ref let Leeds get away with the said offences?
Gutted I couldn't get to the game tonight but managed to listen to full 80 mins on radio an it sounded like Mr Alibert was mostly on the ball, couple of odd decisions but you come to expect that from him. Penalty count was well in our favour for a change.