Aftermath

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jobo

Aftermath

Post by jobo »

Match against Hudds was a throw back to Nobby's time. We lost by 4 points and although I haven't seen the stats for completion rate and errors I'm willing to bet they were pretty poor. I know MM would insist on hour after hour of practise with basic ball skills, even when the players complained that it got boring. It seems to me that maybe this side of training has been neglected. Just hope Waney can come up with the fixes needed. Anyhow, this weekend is going to define our season, Leeds scent blood and are dying to put one over us. I reckon we can do them but only if the errors are corrected.
Kittwazzer

Re: Aftermath

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'm going to call you on that jobo. Wire stole a point at Hull, Stains shipped a shedload in London. For all we know, Hudds could be the team this year. We need more than one weekend to make a proper assessment!
No straw damn us

Post by No straw damn us »

Kittwazzer wrote:I'm going to call you on that jobo. Wire stole a point at Hull, Stains shipped a shedload in London. For all we know, Hudds could be the team this year. We need more than one weekend to make a proper assessment!
Correct, remember last season Quins and Castleford started well then didn't even make the top eight.
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

We'll be alright once we have a convincing win over Leeds this Saturday.
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Mr Stu

Post by Mr Stu »

The completion rate was 75% in the end, we just did't have composure at the right times. We need to play a lot better v Leeds or we will get stuffed.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

I think we did these post-mortems a few times last season......I'm going to reserve judgment until about the 6th game...don't know why I picked that figure!,but if we lose on Sat then I'll be on here crying as usual :cry: :cry:
jobo

Post by jobo »

Kittwazzer wrote:I'm going to call you on that jobo. Wire stole a point at Hull, Stains shipped a shedload in London. For all we know, Hudds could be the team this year. We need more than one weekend to make a proper assessment!
Hear what your saying but Hull were at full strength and are going to take some beating at the KC. Broncos brought in plenty of quality but saints outscored them. Hudds several first team regulars missing.

Agree that 1 match doesn't make a season but this was a bad loss for us, not just the loss of two points but from a morale point of view, especially our coach.

Shaun Wane is technically capable of putting things right it's just a worry that the basics went to pot.
shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

jobo wrote:
Hear what your saying but Hull were at full strength and are going to take some beating at the KC. Broncos brought in plenty of quality but saints outscored them. Hudds several first team regulars missing.

Agree that 1 match doesn't make a season but this was a bad loss for us, not just the loss of two points but from a morale point of view, especially our coach.

Shaun Wane is technically capable of putting things right it's just a worry that the basics went to pot.
Waney is, but has he got the tools at his disposal?
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
jobo

Post by jobo »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
jobo wrote:

With Carmont now out, it's looking dodgy.
exile in Tiger country

Post by exile in Tiger country »

shaunedwardsfan​club​ wrote:
jobo wrote:

If he hasn't it's his own fault. Last years team would have destroyed that Hudds side, and the new signings are all Wane's choices.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09