Wigan Walk

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

Re: Wigan Walk

Post by mike binder »

[quote]Doc Warrior posted:
Im more upset that the board etc seems to have given up the ghost on the whole season and we are just over half way through.

I know weve got our problems but to say we are planning more for the new season is a bit much considering people have paid for there season tickets etc.yes but what league is lindsay planning 4 if we dont get our act 2gether quick beleive me we will be i a relegation battle
:angry:
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

This is a subject I seriously bite on because I know it's so contradictory. I have Saints fans telling me how I walk out before the end only when we lose.
Firstly I dont and never have walked out before the end. Secondly, the fans that do walk out, generally walk out whether we are winning or losing and thirdly I have a tape of the Saints fans getting hammered at KR and walking out after 63 minutes.

I don't like people walking out before the end, dont really see the point in it but what can you do! What I don't appreciate is that they have paid their money and want to leave early but that means that I have to miss a part of the match while they make me stand up for their whole family to get past.

I've also said this Tom, being put in the same category as those people is insulting. It's not just Wiganers that do it though, every team has their set of fans that do it. Most noticeably as ground with seats because you can actually see them on the steps walking out. All sports fans do it though, just be proud that you know you're not one of the "fickle" ones
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Been to most away games this season

The Wigan Walk doesn't seem to happen away from home. These are real fans week in week out (taking point that some people cant make every week as I have been in this predicament with working weekends - most unsociable)

With regards to performances this year, I can handle being beat as long as I feel that the team has put the effort in. We are paying out well earned money to support the team and pay the wages. With the exception of one game I think we have had a team that has been trying but not been good enough
billyboy

Post by billyboy »

I can beat that Mrs. Lam. I have a tape of fans leaving a match TEN minutes into the second half. I won't say whose supporters they were, but the visitors were Wigan and the ground was Knowsley Rd. The match was on Sky and Hemmings made acomment on the exodus as the Sky cameras swung over to outside of the ground.

On the matter of the team being booed though, there is a quite important point in my opinion. I didn't boo, but like many others was disgusted by the non performance of several players. The significant thing is though, that Whelan and Lindsay took action, quoting the booing as unacceptable. Within 48 hours, Millward had been appointed. The booing may, just may have helped.

On the general topic of the Wigan Walk, I worked for 30 years in Leigh and as I used to point out to them, it's more noticeable when 10% of a 12000 crowd walk than 10% of 3500.
Paul Cullen's eaten my dictionary!
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

It's probably the same game, thought it was after 63 minutes but I've not watched it in years so maybe am wrong. I remember the image though, it's funny how my Saints supporting mates don't though. Pick n choose that lot. :)

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
LiL_WaRrIoR

Post by LiL_WaRrIoR »

i agree i don't think any rugby league fans should walk out of the stadium when things aren't going well but it is their choice at the end of the day :conf:
Wigan till i die!
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

As has been mentioned in other threads, the booing on Friday was aimed at KK.
There's a couple just in front of me that leave every game 5 minutes early, irrespective of the score or the performance. Can't understand it, myself, but as you say, it's their money.
I've never left early, home or away, for more years than I care to (or am able to) remember. Mind you, I never leave a drink unfinished either!
Fraggle

Post by Fraggle »

GeoffN posted:
As has been mentioned in other threads, the booing on Friday was aimed at KK.
There's a couple just in front of me that leave every game 5 minutes early, irrespective of the score or the performance. Can't understand it, myself, but as you say, it's their money.
I've never left early, home or away, for more years than I care to (or am able to) remember. Mind you, I never leave a drink unfinished either!
The only match I ever left early (apart from various part-time/very amateur games when even the speccies were getting covered in mud) was a GB vs New Zealand match at the Reebok about 3 years ago. IIRC we were on course for being nilled until we heard cheering as we reached the car to go home as GB finally troubled the scorer. The only other thing I remember about that match was seeing that Martin Johnson cretin from the other code and his rah-rah scrum buddies pushing everyone out of the way at the beer tent. I bet they didn't even pay to be there.
http://fraggle.fotopic.net

"You rescue me, you are my faith, my hope, my liberty.
And when there's darkness all around, you shine bright for me, you are a guiding light to me....
You are a Tower of Strength to me" - Wayne Hussey, The Mission.

Shepherd's Bush Empire - 27/Feb/08 - 1/Mar/08
[hr]
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

MrsLam posted:
It's probably the same game, thought it was after 63 minutes but I've not watched it in years so maybe am wrong. I remember the image though, it's funny how my Saints supporting mates don't though. Pick n choose that lot. :)
the sts fans dont like it when u mention the sts scarper they just laugh and look at u silly
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Fraggle I can't believe you left that game early! It was over 3 years ago now that surely, I was only in year 9 o4 10 at the time. You would have enjoyed being hammered by the kiwis if you'd been sitting near us, it is what you make it that's what I always say! And THAT was fun :D

Crazy lady needs sleep

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!