Very worried

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
exile in Tiger country

Re: Very worried

Post by exile in Tiger country »

Dobby wrote:
emperorkel wrote:After a reasonable start Goulding in the last two matches has gone back to his old attacking faults. In the first few games he ran straight and allowed Charnely to have the space to attack but now he runs diagonally towards Charnley therefore reducing the space available and forcing Charnley to come around the back of him and into traffic. Charnley has not scored, and not looked like scoring, in the last three matches.
I despair sometimes when I read these boards I really do. Goulding has been fantastic this season. He has been creating tries, scoring tries and defending well and has done everything you could want from a centre and we have looked miles better on that side than we did when Joel was there. This season he has been as good, if not better, than most centres in Super League and his winger has scored 9 tries outside of him. If Martin Gleeson had played like Goulding has this season then you would be praising him to the rafters.

He was great 2 games ago against London and was one of our best players so to say he was poor is rubbish. I have watched the Warrington game twice and he barely got the ball to even do anything as it rarely went past Hansen or Farrell and if he did get it then it was very poor ball that he could do nothing with. He certainly didnt keep running diagonally.

Goulding has got more stick of some posters than any other Wigan player that I can think of precisely because he is a Wigan lad and a Wigan product. The criticism he has got off some in the past has been a disgrace. It shows how well he has been playing that nearly all of these posters on RLFans that have criticised him in the past have been saying how good he has been this season and he has regularly been in the top 3 Man of the Match polls on RLFans. As you say though some fans just see what they want to see, including you.
I agree wholeheartedly. Goulding has been excellent this season.
I've never seen a woman with hairy ears, and I've been to St Helens." John Bishop

"BANG,CRASH,WALLOP, TRY". E. Hemmings describing Palea'asina's try against KR, Play off 26/09/09
emperorkel

Post by emperorkel »

I agree Goulding has been better this season than he was before but apart from the first season under Madge he has benn pretty poor so did not have to improve that much to be better. If you look at the first few matches this season he ran straighter lines therefore the opposition winger eas forced to come in but in the last two matches he has angled more towards the wing and shut down the space.

To imply he has been a better centre this year than Gleason was is I think really seeing him through rose tinted glasses. I think he can be deadly as a winger but I really would be surprised if he ever achieved a very high status as a centre. And before I am accussed of anything I would be absolutely delighted if he does become a top class centre because that would be all the better for Wigan
eccywarrior

Post by eccywarrior »

oh how opinions have changed from cp and non patient fans :lol: :lol:
IN WANE WE TRUST
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Well dredged up. I went looking for this myself but couldn't remember what it was called.

Talk about a thread coming back to bite your arse! :lol:
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

eccywarrior wrote:oh how opinions have changed from cp and non patient fans :lol: :lol:
Indeed. It adds kudos to what Waney et al have done because IMO they learned so much from their early mistakes. Look at the reduced error rate particularly in our own 20 and the kicking for repeat sets near the opposition line. In many respects, the best coaches learn from their mistakes which IMO bodes well for Waney et al and Wigan RLFC.
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

Kittwazzer wrote:Well dredged up. I went looking for this myself but couldn't remember what it was called.

Talk about a thread coming back to bite your arse! :lol:
Not really. It reflects where we were at that time.
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Gouldings gone sh@t
Charnley not as quick as last year
Wigan cant defend
We will lose more games than we will win this season
Concerned about our attack
Very worried!!

Priceless!!

:lol: :lol:
bocco

Post by bocco »

Sean is learning with every game as are the team. The fans are loving it! :)
Fujiman

Post by Fujiman »

bocco wrote:Sean is learning with every game as are the team. The fans are loving it! :)
Whos Sean :o
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

Fujiman wrote:
bocco wrote:Sean is learning with every game as are the team. The fans are loving it! :)
Whos Sean :o
Long!! :lol: