Sia Soliola signs new three-year deal at St Helens

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Sia Soliola signs new three-year deal at St Helens

Post by josie andrews »

New Zealand international Sia Soliola has agreed a three-year extension to his contract at St Helens.

The 25-year-old, who can play at centre or second row, has made 43 appearances for Saints and will remain at Langtree Park until 2015.

"There was never any doubt that I would sign for the Saints," said Soliola. "I have enjoyed my time at the club.

"We have a lot of strength in depth at Saints and I'm sure we will be challenging on all fronts this year."

Soliola joined St Helens from Sydney Roosters and made his debut at the start of the 2010 season, but injuries ruined his first year in Super League.

He returned from ankle and knee problems to help Saints to the Grand Final in 2011, where they were beaten by Leeds.
"We are delighted to lock down Sia to a long-term deal," said Saints chairman Eamonn McManus. "He has been one of our standout performers this season.

"He is a proven international and, alongside some of the fantastic products from our famed academy, will form the hub of the side for many years to come."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/17705488
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
butt monkey

Re: Sia Soliola signs new three-year deal at St Helens

Post by butt monkey »

I believe this should now put down the continuing rumours that Jamie Lyon was set to return to the stains next year as this fills their overseas quota :roll:
[img]http://www.webdeveloper.com/animations/ ... monkey.gif[/img]

The biggest Room is the Room for improvement.

The best form of defence is attack!!

Out of the black and into the red, remember you don't get anything for two in a bed!!
Kittwazzer

Re: Sia Soliola signs new three-year deal at St Helens

Post by Kittwazzer »

I was half hoping Lyon would return if only to read the comments on RedVee from disillusioned Stains fans convinced he would simply pick up in 2013 where he left off in 2006!