Danny Brough to Wigan next year

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
nellywelly

Re: Danny Brough to Wigan next year

Post by nellywelly »

Kittwazzer wrote:
jobo wrote:Interesting this. He's definitely talented and imo, at present, better than what we've got to replace Tommy.
Maybe, but those lads waiting in the wings have a lot of talent with their whole future in front of them. And they won't expect us to break the bank. Leave Snuff where he is!
I believe he has improved his all round play and is a real class act, and if we can afford him get him. His kicking is top class and its one part of our play we need some one like him. Our young players can learn a lot from him, he makes things happen, it was his brilliant place kicking and plays which did for us when we met them in our first game.He would be an asset to any top class team, but I feel if he leaves Hudds he will go to Stains
AdamMac

Post by AdamMac »

I would definately have him for next season to play alongside Finch. From what I have seen of Mellor and Powell I don't think they will be ready to start in the halves next season, they haven't shown me enough yet, however I'm making this comment based on half a dozen performances in a wigan shirt. They have ability but I don't think they have shown enough for a starting spot next season. For me they would need to have at least a dozen starts this season and IMO that isn't going to happen.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Heard a rumour recently linking us with Kevin Brown.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

East Stand Faithful wrote:Heard a rumour recently linking us with Kevin Brown.
:eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17:
bazward76

Post by bazward76 »

I can't help thinking that although he's a cracking player, Danny Brough is a trouble maker. He is running out of Yorkshire teams to play for so maybe it's time he crossed the Penines and started working his way through the Lancashire clubs. He's been at Wakey, Cas, Hull and Huddersfield at some point in his career, for a player of his class why have so many super league teams parted company with him?

We need a replacement for Tommy who we can build a team around long term, not someone who is going to move on as soon as the going gets a little tough.
East Stand Faithful

Post by East Stand Faithful »

Kittwazzer wrote:
:eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17: :eusa17:
Don't you rate him then? Can't say I am overly happy if true.
Whatever happened to Billy McGinty's pineapple?
stevo38

Post by stevo38 »

kevin brown isnt good enough for us never will be thats why hes at huddersfield and can stay there :D
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

This isnt going to happen. Heard recently a contract was drawn up by Wigan for Kevin Brown but Giants wanted a transfer fee which Wigan werent prepared to pay so he has now signed an improved cotract at Huddersfield. As for Brough I'm not sure he is the replacement we need. Never made me sit up and think I would like to see him at Wigan. He can stay where he is for me.
ragman

Post by ragman »

Neither player would be a sign of us going forward and improving.

Kevin Brown I've never rated personally, and I don't think he's getting any better.

Brough is trouble, simple as that. I've got relatives who work for Wakefield and he was a nightmare there. Not a good enough player either.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

ragman wrote:Neither player would be a sign of us going forward and improving.

Kevin Brown I've never rated personally, and I don't think he's getting any better.

Brough is trouble, simple as that. I've got relatives who work for Wakefield and he was a nightmare there. Not a good enough player either.
Plus he is ugly :wink:
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan