standing up in jjb

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
mike binder

Re: standing up in jjb

Post by mike binder »

MrsLam posted:
I'd question that! As part of the south stand, there's only a few times I've heard the East stand start the chanting. The south stand lads were singing all the way through the last match, they're not all kids although there are a lot up there.
not ? the fact that they allways sing (good on them keep it up) dont like there drunken attitude at away matches giving alot of verbal and aggresive abuse out
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
the pieman

Post by the pieman »

Sort of agree with both arguements

Used to stand on halfway line in the Sullivan Bar at Central Park

Sit in east stand now and at times wander why people actually go to the match. Dont get behind the team and are constantly moaning about everything

Must admit though I was shattered after the Saints game on Good Friday, but not seen or heard anything like it since at home
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

Why is that automatically the south standers! Am sure theres a lot of young lads in East stand as well. There used to be a lot of young lads drinking in the South until someone reported them and the stewards ran up to take the alcohol off them. Not seen any trouble since that
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

[quote]the pieman posted:
Sort of agree with both arguements

Used to stand on halfway line in the Sullivan Bar at Central Park

Sit in east stand now and at times wander why people actually go to the match. Dont get behind the team and are constantly moaning about everything have we won at home since u no the sillent majority only join in when where winning
mikebinderflooring@yahoo.co.uk for all your carpets and vinyls suppiled and fitted

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

maybe its the fact that they sing south stand till i die that gives it away and the east stand are ankers

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Hey, not all us east standers are moaning so and so's and prefer not to be generalised to the minority thank you very much!
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
mike binder

Post by mike binder »

mrs_carney posted:
Hey, not all us east standers are moaning so and so's and prefer not to be generalised to the minority thank you very much!
im an east stander not calling any one just a little :conf: why the south standers call us

TROPHIES COMING HOME
IT COMING HOME
ITS COMING HOME
ITS COMING
TROPHIES COMING HOME
mrs_carney

Post by mrs_carney »

Because a lot of people dont sing and shout, but its each to their own, i prefer to sit there quietly and watch the game in total silence (unusual for me) and then occasionally sing along. Plus there are a lot of "older" people in our stand compared with the majority of youngsters in the south.
11/07/05 x - Always and forever - x <3
MrsLam

Post by MrsLam »

I can't sit in silence, I feel the need to shout and sing. I sit right behind the sticks too and I know there's times when it's quiet that the players can hear everything thats said so it's good to get behind them whether it's shouting a little bit of support or patronisingly telling them what to do!
A little woman sat behind the sticks telling 13 men what they're doing wrong :D
:thum: Ancient and Loyal :thum:

2005 - Play for pride
2006 - Play!
penhead

Post by penhead »

me and my mate will get south stand going on friday so theres no worries and were standing up all game gettin behind them and if stewards tell me sit down im not or tell me stop shouting