Mr Carney again

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
jobo

Mr Carney again

Post by jobo »

Brian Carney on Boots n All tonight.

Wigan, last few seasons, holding on in the tackle was bordering on the illegal.

Is he living in St Helens now????
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Mr Carney again

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Carney = Tit
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
Dicknterry

Post by Dicknterry »

I agree with him, i thought we did sail close to the wind.... but we weren't the only ones.

Brian has to come across as impartial and to do that means he's over biassed against Wigan. which is just like Phil Clarke when he first started on Sky!
"A closed mouth gathers no foot"
jobo

Post by jobo »

Dicknterry wrote:I agree with him, i thought we did sail close to the wind.... but we weren't the only ones.

Brian has to come across as impartial and to do that means he's over biassed against Wigan. which is just like Phil Clarke when he first started on Sky!
Yes but why mention Wigan at all. Within the context of the conversation he didn't need to. As for sailing close to the wind, it's the same thing as saying Wigan played more line balls than any other team, which could have been read as forward passes. Play the game to its limits and it seems the pundits say you are close to cheating don't you think???
markill

Post by markill »

So we didn't give away loads of penalties under Madge for defensive ruck infringements then? I thought we did. Coley, Prescott and Joel in particular. And Lima got banned for undue pressure in a takcle and warned for it another time I think last season. I think that is what Carney based his comments on, not any attempt to appease the Wigan haters or appear unbiased.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

jobo wrote:Brian Carney on Boots n All tonight.

Wigan, last few seasons, holding on in the tackle was bordering on the illegal.

Is he living in St Helens now????
Wigan stains game.I thought that once Hicks took over from Bentham he was sending instructions via a bloody post card because stains got away with blue murder re laying on.Brian whilst once being one of my favorite players has fast become a loathsome sky poodle.