Radlinski

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
x Wigan Warrior x

Re: Radlinski

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

If he does go…….he will be in the England squad at some point ! They never pay big bucks for League players with the intension of not playing them in the big time !! After all Union is a bigger game at International level…club level is quiet and un involving for the cause, a stop gap for the 6 & 12 nations as well as the World cup !
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

"Wigan have denied receving an approach from Sale RU club for Kris Radlinski.
The Great Britain Test full-back turned down an offer from the RFU shortly before colleague Andy Farrell agreed to switch codes earlier this season.
A Warriors spokesman said: "We have heard nothing from Sale and see no point in commenting further."
Radlinski still has 18 months of his current contract to run."

http://www.wiganonline.co.uk/ViewArticl ... ID=1052839
SiY

Post by SiY »

Woohoo, lets hope it stays that way. Thnx Geoff for the update.
Welski

Post by Welski »

jinkin jimmy posted:
MrsLam posted:

Possibly because they have spoken to Rads but not approached the club?
Is he going to Chelsea now?
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
Welski

Post by Welski »

SiY posted:
BTW, you recon Faz and Rads (if he goes) will get on the England union team? If so that would be pretty cool to see Faz/Rads and Robinson all ex-wigan players playing for England Rugby Union not to mention they all came from League. :D But that wont get mentioned once in the Union world will it?
I think they both have a good chance of impressing in Union (should Rads switch of course). More so had they moved 3 years ago (obviously) both players are starting to suffer the wear and tear injuries that tend to affect rugby players and once they start they are never the same again.

I've said it afore but I'm "lucky" enough to enjoy both codes, so whilst (with my cherry and white hat on) I would be devastated to see one of the best all round players leave Wigan it would be slightly tempered by the chance to see him take on the Aussies etc in the unmentionable code!
Strongest Armpits in Rugby League
SiY

Post by SiY »

*Scowls at Welski* He nearly mention the unmentionable. But like i said it will be covered up well that Faz and Rads are from league people just wont mention it.
Doveoverdave

Post by Doveoverdave »

Mrs. Lam posted:
DOD did you get a bit confused with the quoting technique again?!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
This better?
GeoffN

Post by GeoffN »

More "non-news"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 090874.stm
"Lindsay admitted it would be hard for the Warriors to keep hold of Radlinski should an offer come from the RFU."

:angry:
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

GeoffN posted:
More "non-news"
http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/rugby_l ... 090874.stm
"Lindsay admitted it would be hard for the Warriors to keep hold of Radlinski should an offer come from the RFU."
:angry:
Just proves the RFU can not produce quality. If he goes he should go at the end of the season and not go in the middle of theis or next season. Seems like there is something in the wind.

HappyHooker

Post by HappyHooker »

Just proves the RFU can not produce quality. If he goes he should go at the end of the season and not go in the middle of theis or next season. Seems like there is something in the wind.
Above is quoted!! Cant get silly quotes working now! {I've fixed this for you - Fraggle}

To be fair, having watched the Lions in NZ, if we did sell him to sale, (we should ask for Jason back!!) :D Either that, or that Prop Andy Sheriden (Sp?) - he's massive, faster than SeuSeu - would take the ball up all day - read somewhere he can bench-press like 35stone! Probably doesnt have any ball skills, but would be good go forward!

Still...would rather keep Kris!
Being a warrior is not just a past-time; it's a choice of life.