Hoffman to captain Storm

Got something to discuss about RL in general? Then this is the place to post it.
josie andrews

Hoffman to captain Storm

Post by josie andrews »

Ryan Hoffman will proudly captain Melbourne Storm in tomorrow night’s clash against Wests Tigers at AAMI Park.
Hoffman gets his opportunity to lead out his teammates while Cameron Smith is away on Queensland Origin duties.
Hoffman has been an invaluable part of the club since his debut in 2003. He has played 182 games with Storm with 45 career tries.

Having spent a season abroad in 2011 with English side Wigan, Hoffman is back at the club and enjoying an impressive season with a tally of four tries and 265 tackles already under his belt this season.
A strong Storm boy with an already long and celebrated career, Hoffman is the perfect choice to captain the side and will lead the players into battle tomorrow night.

http://www.melbournestorm.com.au/news-d ... orm/56744?
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
platt-warrior

Re: Hoffman to captain Storm

Post by platt-warrior »

Made up for him,and there were some on here who did'nt like him. :conf:
KOOCH

Post by KOOCH »

platt-warrior wrote:Made up for him,and there were some on here who did'nt like him. :conf:
Quite right platt-warrior.And for those did not like him would they be saying the same thing if he was to return? I doubt it! Cracking player. :D
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

KOOCH wrote:
platt-warrior wrote:Made up for him,and there were some on here who did'nt like him. :conf:
Quite right platt-warrior.And for those did not like him would they be saying the same thing if he was to return? I doubt it! Cracking player. :D
I cannot recall anyone not liking him only that maybe some preferred Hock in his current form (me included) but maybe I am wrong. I thought he was a perfect professional who wore the shirt with pride and that is all you can ask. He wasn't a great player but good and congratulations to him.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
cpwigan

Post by cpwigan »

:conf: I thought he was very popular
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

cpwigan wrote: :conf: I thought he was very popular
There will always be a few CP.
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

platt-warrior wrote:
cpwigan wrote: :conf: I thought he was very popular
There will always be a few CP.
Me too!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan