Chase and smith

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
Richymac

Chase and smith

Post by Richymac »

If we lose finch as well as leuluai who we know is going are these two the answer? And also who would you guys want to come in?
Kittwazzer

Re: Chase and smith

Post by Kittwazzer »

I'm convinced Chase cannot get a work permit for a change of club (even though he's now as English as kūmara!)which is why he's gathering dust at Cas.

I don't want him. I don't like the guy and the way he has now been selected for England with his criminal record makes him tainted goods IMO. We take enough stick from opposition fans without giving them more ammunition!
Pietastic

Post by Pietastic »

This is a tricky one, and I'm glad it's not one I have to solve.
Personally I'm not convinced by Smith, he's a decent enough player but hardly a replacement for Tommy (yes, I know it's not fair to compare any replacement, but it's going to happen). Also it's not a very good argument for convincing Finch to re-sign.
If Finch doesn't sign on again and I don't think he will (humble pie recipe to hand) I'm not sure I'd want any 5/8 currently in SL. Chase's CV was shot to pieces against an average Bradford side, Brough is a bit hit and miss IMO (although he had a good game at the DW)and to be honest that's it, unless you include Pryce :exc:
12webbl

Post by 12webbl »

IMO although i think chase is a top class player he is not a wigan player maybe a free flowing team such as warrington but we are much more structured and tend to go for slower more commanding halves such as finch, barrett and have done for a long time i think smith will prove to be a good buy as unlike other people i think he runs salfords show not holdsworth and id prefer a yound exciting 7 and a more experienced 6 as we have now. get dureau at 7 and sign finch back up !!!!
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

Chase - looks like he may be off...

..http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/rugby-league/19995255
E.& O.E.
doc

Post by doc »

Will this signal the end of Chase's England career?
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

doc - Has to, it was wrong that it started.
E.& O.E.
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

Don't suppose that there is much interest in Chase now, but the implications on this link are reminiscent of a fairly recent football nonsense.

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-league/leag ... 27xa3.html
E.& O.E.