Re: the crowd

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
BriH

Post by BriH »

I have a feeling they will turn out in numbers to give their team support - I hope they do.
markill

Post by markill »

If Bradford fans decide to turn up then we'll have to open the north stand. last two years we've stuck them in end of east stand and i understood it would be the same again.
in the world of mules, there are no rules

LATEST PODCAST EPISODE
https://www.spreaker.com/user/superleaguepod
bruno

Post by bruno »

says in the sun if they go into liquidation and we win on friday we will have the 2 points deducted
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

bruno wrote:says in the sun if they go into liquidation and we win on friday we will have the 2 points deducted
Have any other teams already played Bradford twice and won twice? Likewise, are any teams still to play them?
It's going to cause a bit of an uproar if the RFL start taking points of teams. I think, if the Bulls go in to liquidation, every team in the league should be awarded two points for each fixture.

Actually, thinking about it, that wouldn't work either as there will be teams that have only beaten Bradford once, teams that have lost both games against them etc. It's going to open a whole can of worms and I'm glad I'm not having to sort it all out.

That said, I think we should applaud the Bradford team on Friday, hopefully it'll not be the last game that they play, but I can't honestly see an investor coming in who needs to shell out £1.6m purely to clear debts and that's before any funds have been put in to the club to take it forward. When Wakey had their problems last season, they only owed just over £300k, that's a whole different ball game to the debt that the Bulls are facing. This isn't football were multi billionares come in and treat them as their play things.

Surely the former board of directors has got to be investigated, in a similar way to the former board at Rangers are being looked at as well. There's something very fishy been going on at Bradford, for a long time, £1.6m of debt doesn't just creep up on someone, especially when the RFL have done a so called investigation in to their franchise application.

shaunedwardsfanclub

Post by shaunedwardsfanclub »

bruno wrote:says in the sun if they go into liquidation and we win on friday we will have the 2 points deducted
If we win on Friday it will be four, if we lose 2.
Winning is down to 99% perspiration and 1% inspiration - Shaun Edwards
outback wiganer

Post by outback wiganer »

Just had a quick look at Bradfords results and if Friday happened to be their last game then at this moment in time Salford would lose 3 points (1 win 1 draw) and Catalans, Wigan, Warrington, St.Helens, Hull FC, Leeds and Huddersfield have all beaten them once so all would lose 2 points. Obviously if we win on Friday then another 2 points off us. Hopefully someone comes forward and saves the club. The crowd on Friday night should give the players a standing ovation when they come out. It must be so hard for the players when they cant do anything about the situation.
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Bradford will complete all their fixtures this season.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
michael inch stoke

Post by michael inch stoke »

mickw wrote:just a thought i wonder if the bradford fans will turn up in numbers for this game,afterall it could be their last.i know if it was our last game the ground would`nt be big enough.
it could be a difficult game for the players of both sides aswell,do we celebrate scoring tries for eg?
According to BBC sports news Bradford will play all their matches this season.

It will make a change if they bring a lot with them as in recent years the away support has been woeful.

Why wouldnt we celebrate scoring tries? Last time I looked its still a game to win no matter what predicament the opposition is in, I know I will be the same as other fans would be if we were in their position :doz:
THE 18th Man

Post by THE 18th Man »

they will be clapped when they come out and when they leave but everyone knows in that 80 minutes you do your job. Bradford's situation is a tragedy in sporting terms but we must and will keep our intensity up to beat a tough SL side like every other week.
also i'd be suprised if Bradford brought less that 3,000 fans. lets face it if Wigan were going bust fans would sell out Wembley to see that match
warrior1989

Post by warrior1989 »

Heinz are in the north stand on Friday so one would assume that Bradford fans are gonna be put in the north east corner again.