V Wakey.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
yokozuna

Re: V Wakey.

Post by yokozuna »

Southern Softy wrote:It's what makes Sam such a special player and it will put a doubt in Mathers' mind when he plays against him next time and maybe in other full-backs now they've seen it. That moment of hesitation might just cause a winning try to be scored in the future.
In poker we call that "meta-gaming".

Footballers spend 90 minutes pretending they're injured. Rugby League players spend 80 minutes pretending they're not.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

southernpie wrote:As amazing as Sam's third try was, especially chipping one of my favourite players (not), the fact Mathers got a touch on the ball showed how dangerous this play was. Sam got away with it as the ball deflected back to him allowing him to score, also in the context of the match it didn't really matter. I would hope if he was in exactly the same field position next week that Sam would draw the fullback and slip the pass to Finch who was alongside him with a clear run in to the line.
Missed Sams try....does anyone Know where I can see it?
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

BBC SuperLeague show is on BBC iplayer at the moment - with Nobby, Ian Millward and that very strange lady with the deep voice who does RL for the Beeb.
the winky one

Post by the winky one »

Southern Softy wrote:BBC SuperLeague show is on BBC iplayer at the moment - with Nobby, Ian Millward and that very strange lady with the deep voice who does RL for the Beeb.
I know......she sounds like Lee Marvin.."I was born,
under a wanderin star"..
ngac

Post by ngac »

Did anyone else think the Charnley peice was a bit random without any point!
Nezza Faz

Post by Nezza Faz »

ngac wrote:Did anyone else think the Charnley peice was a bit random without any point!
It's a random programme if you ask me - random days, times, commentators - the only thing not random appears to be a certain yorkshire bias with their guests and therefore opinions.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I know posters on here have distinct opinions about Sky & their coverage (personally, the only reason we have Sky at all is to watch RL) but the BBC bit on Josh sums up their view on RL, as with all sports. It has to be personality-driven with the focus on players off the field. Nice to see Josh (presumably before injury) enjoying some downtime and helping out in a deserving cause but it was baffling.

I'd rather Sky got the Cup as well as Super League - the BBC RL coverage is awful and mired in the past. At least Ray French has been put out to grass with his constant amazement that modern forwards can hold and pass the ball and wingers come in at the first play the ball - "Not like in my day etc. etc. " with Jonathan Davies being required to tell him what's just happened in the match.

As for the lovely Tanya - it's a bit unkind but I keep wondering if she's got an Adam's Apple.
trotski_tgwu

Post by trotski_tgwu »

ngac wrote:Did anyone else think the Charnley peice was a bit random without any point!
Yes i did too but then it was a good piece

Workers of the World Unite.
You have nothing to loose but your Chains.
Karl Marx