V Wakey.

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
ian.birchall

V Wakey.

Post by ian.birchall »

A strong all round performance, Sam patently MOTM but Carmont despite spending 10 minutes limping around on one leg before his second and third tries ran him close.
What impressed the Wakey fans around me on the open west terracing was the speed throughout the team from 1-17 and they were equally impressed by the way all the forwards looked like they could run thru the proverbial outhouse walls everytime they went up to the Wakey defensive line, no hesitation at all, what is Waney feeding them on, raw meat??
I would like to see the time that Luaki spent on the field, he did a tremendously long stint in the first half, must have been 30+minutes and another long spell of 20+minutes in the second half and that was despite being flattened after the first few minutes, say what you like about the lad but it had no impression on him at all, well done.
Regarder une fille en bikini, c'est comme avoir un revolver chargé sur sa table:
Il n'y a rien de mal a ça mais il est difficile de penser à autre chose.

Now Europe is just for holidays.
cpwigan

Re: V Wakey.

Post by cpwigan »

http://forums.rlfans.com/viewtopic.php? ... 1341781243

Wakey fans were impressed by Wigan

Maybe some of our own fans are very hard to please
ancientnloyal

Post by ancientnloyal »

Didnt go but sounds encouraging a week before the semi final
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
BriH

Post by BriH »

Watched the highlights on Sky. Sam's try was amazing but there were a lot of good ones.
Just a pity Roby will get the Try of the Year award. :( :( :(
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

As amazing as Sam's third try was, especially chipping one of my favourite players (not), the fact Mathers got a touch on the ball showed how dangerous this play was. Sam got away with it as the ball deflected back to him allowing him to score, also in the context of the match it didn't really matter. I would hope if he was in exactly the same field position next week that Sam would draw the fullback and slip the pass to Finch who was alongside him with a clear run in to the line.
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

southernpie wrote:As amazing as Sam's third try was, especially chipping one of my favourite players (not), the fact Mathers got a touch on the ball showed how dangerous this play was. Sam got away with it as the ball deflected back to him allowing him to score, also in the context of the match it didn't really matter. I would hope if he was in exactly the same field position next week that Sam would draw the fullback and slip the pass to Finch who was alongside him with a clear run in to the line.
Thought the same thing myself. It came off, so i suppose it doesn't matter, but should it not have done, i reckon he'd have been in for some serious Wane hairdryer treatment, regardless of the scoreline.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

I know. If only Sam would cut out those runs that go the length of the field, stop joining the line to arrow through defences, cease beating countless players by running laterally and then changing pace, avoid scoring solo tries and providing tries for others and just concentrate on simple passes to the next man - what a player he would be.
southernpie

Post by southernpie »

Southern Softy wrote:I know. If only Sam would cut out those runs that go the length of the field, stop joining the line to arrow through defences, cease beating countless players by running laterally and then changing pace, avoid scoring solo tries and providing tries for others and just concentrate on simple passes to the next man - what a player he would be.
Ha Ha Ha :roll: I love all of the above and enjoyed seeing Sam humiliate Mathers by chipping over him, all I was saying is I would rather see him take the safer option to ensure the try when it matters ie in a cup semi-final
This St Helens Defence is like a lollipopman at Brands Hatch -Ray French BBC TV Challenge Cup 1982

[img]https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-55dq ... Botica.jpg [/img]

https://picasaweb.google.com/nogireman/ ... SDELRUGBY#
wiganwarriordave

Post by wiganwarriordave »

southernpie wrote:
Southern Softy wrote:I know. If only Sam would cut out those runs that go the length of the field, stop joining the line to arrow through defences, cease beating countless players by running laterally and then changing pace, avoid scoring solo tries and providing tries for others and just concentrate on simple passes to the next man - what a player he would be.
Ha Ha Ha :roll: I love all of the above and enjoyed seeing Sam humiliate Mathers by chipping over him, all I was saying is I would rather see him take the safer option to ensure the try when it matters ie in a cup semi-final
:lol: :lol: SS... I see the irony, and am not for one minute suggesting any of that. Have you seen the try though? As SP says, nothing more pleasing than watching Mathers get owned, and if Sam had been solo, I'd be stood applauding. But the chip, while impressive, was completely unnecessary, and there was a much easier pass on to Finch.
Southern Softy

Post by Southern Softy »

It's what makes Sam such a special player and it will put a doubt in Mathers' mind when he plays against him next time and maybe in other full-backs now they've seen it. That moment of hesitation might just cause a winning try to be scored in the future.