Wiggins guest of honour at big one?

Got a hot rumour from a source inside the club, or just something you heard down the pub? Then what are you waiting for, post it on The Rumour Mill.
ancientnloyal

Wiggins guest of honour at big one?

Post by ancientnloyal »

Possibly
https://www.ancientandloyal.com/

James Slevin
Ces Mountford
And the “kind of rugby player you’d want to be in your dreams” James Leytham
Should be in the Wigan Warriors Hall
Of Fame
Sutty

Re: Wiggins guest of honour at big one?

Post by Sutty »

I think he'll still be at the Olympics, supporting Team GB in the events that are starting today. It's the men's team pursuit finals tomorrow night, I can't see him wanting to miss that.

Would be great though, if he did make it. Even if he doesn't make it to the Big One, I think it's only a matter of time before he's paraded on the pitch before a game. Against Saints at the last home game of the regular season would be nice. Having said that, the Vuelta only finishes on the 9th Sept. Looks like it may have to be at one of the play off games then. Maybe even the GF, if we get that far.

x Wigan Warrior x

Post by x Wigan Warrior x »

why would this happen, although a great athlete the guy comes from Belgium then lived in London most his life. i know he resides in Eccles or some place like that but ball all to do with Wigan :conf:

.... edit

ah sorry penny dropped about him being a Warriors fan :blush:
we don't stop playing because we grow old ....... we grow old because we stop playing
Sutty

Post by Sutty »

He was born in Belgium, but only lived there for a few years. His mother's British and his dad is an Aussie.

He lives in Eccleston and loves Wigan Rugby, even to the point that he was wearing a Warriors t-shirt during an interview on ITV4, during the Tour.

I think it'd be absolutely brilliant if he was brought out to the crowd before a game. Although it may not be tomorrow, I'm pretty certain that it'll be sometime in the fairly near future and certainly before the end of the season.

Matthew

Post by Matthew »

"And Martin Offiah, trying to make some space, now then..." - Ray French, Wembley 1994
------------------------------------------------
Interviewer: So that obviously means that you're not going to St Helens and you're not going to Leeds?

Frano: I don't know why I would ever want to go to St Helens or Leeds
------------------------------------------------
MarkWestStand

Post by MarkWestStand »

He is a regular watching Ben train with Orrell St James

Loves his RL
josie andrews

Post by josie andrews »

This was reported on the 23rd July!
Anyone can support a team when it is winning, that takes no courage.
But to stand behind a team, to defend a team when it is down and really needs you,
that takes a lot of courage. #18thMan
cow yeds

Post by cow yeds »

He also loves soccer.... especially Liverpool. :redf:
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

And if and when he does turn up at the DW you should get used to calling him Sir, or, this has a nice ring to it, Lord Wiggins of Wigin!
E.& O.E.
Kiwiseddon

Post by Kiwiseddon »

Ron Doran wrote:And if and when he does turn up at the DW you should get used to calling him Sir, or, this has a nice ring to it, Lord Wiggins of Wigin!
Sir Bradley of Wigan!!
"K"

"But look at, look at Lydon go here...Remniscent of those two great tries when he won the Lance Todd... He's got Hanley inside him. He's going all the way..........."