Celebrating a win?!

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
upandunder1

Celebrating a win?!

Post by upandunder1 »

I have been coming on to the site for ages now reading what everyone has to say and thought it was about time i signed up to stick my two penneth in!! So here goes.

I am all for the lads going out for a few beers and celebrating a good win, but as i was driving to work this morning at around half past 7, i see a group of players staggering and stumbling out of the pub!! Like i said by all means go out and celebrate, but at this stage of the season and with them not playing to well is it wise for them to go on a total bender on a monday night of all nights? or is it sw way of letting them blow off some steam whilst they have a week off?
cpwigan

Re: Celebrating a win?!

Post by cpwigan »

At a guess the players have an extended break due to the CC Final.
platt-warrior

Post by platt-warrior »

The troll is jealous cp
TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

They played, they won, they celebrated, nearly 2 weeks till the next game! No big deal!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
upandunder1

Post by upandunder1 »

no genuinely not a troll! and the only thing i am jealous of is the fact i couldnt have been in the pub till that time with them!!
but seriously it just didnt give a very good impression thats all!!
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

upandunder1 wrote:no genuinely not a troll! and the only thing i am jealous of is the fact i couldnt have been in the pub till that time with them!!
but seriously it just didnt give a very good impression thats all!!
Hey! It was 7.30 am. They were staggering home from a party. You were going to work. I am reminded of the immortal line “Where did it all go wrong Mr Best?" :lol:
Dicknterry

Post by Dicknterry »

Really surprised a few fans are making light of this....at this stage of the season we shouldn't be staggering out of anywhere we should be focusing on the playoffs and getting everything right so we don't waste another season.

Not to mention our guys will have to be bang in form to make the international team.

"A closed mouth gathers no foot"
Kittwazzer

Post by Kittwazzer »

Before I take this thread with anything more than a pinch of salt, I'd like to know which pub they were 'staggering and stumbling' out of at 7.30 on a Tuesday morning!
Wes

Post by Wes »

TBDH if Waney said right lads go and have a blow out then you have 3 or 4 days off see you back at training on xy day I'd be more than happy with that and would condone it as doing us some good!

It's ok saying they need to be right and they shouldn't do this and that BUT what have they done all season, train hard at 120% what they need is a blow out and a breather because we look tired and anybody worth their salt knows rest is as important as training. Providing it is only a 1 off it wont do them any harm!
Wes

Post by Wes »

And I'm sure it won't do their morale any harm!