Best result or not?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
jolleymike

Best result or not?

Post by jolleymike »

Stains go to warringon in the next round, best result or not?

Macca was stupid to go high on le frankie, but it wasn't a sending off, the player was going down in the tackle.

It could be a Blessing in disguise

Still think that we still have a lot of improving to do to go farther in the playoffs

sheepsteeth

Re: Best result or not?

Post by sheepsteeth »

I think you've had one too many it was a cert red card and I would think if they take into account he missed most of tonight's game he'll only get one game. if he's lucky.

on the flip side I actually think we should be happier than the stains with the performance we showed plenty of desire and effort.

I do think we still need a lot more aggression and line speed though.
thegimble

Post by thegimble »

Result did not bother me that much tonight but our performance was better and we did look like taking full control of the game then Mcilorum got sent off. Saints are an awful side and will struggle to make the final eliminators this season. Wire will take them apart next week.

It is the best result as i do fancy us against Catalan if it is them we have too much pace for them out wide and they seem to struggle at the DW stadium.
El Bobbers

Post by El Bobbers »

No probs with the red but will he give the same decision again? Is Perrys elbow drop any less dangerous than the high tackle? No is the answer to both I think.

Apart from the red card I was encouraged by our fight tonight and it might just be the kick up the arse we have needed for a while and reignited the flame/fight!

As for the result I think Catalans and Saints are of similar quality, 13 v 13 we would have won tonight.
Do the trees feel cold when the wind blows?
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

It was a high tackle but if you watch it on the repay the player was going down in the tackle macca was already committed in the tackle but for me a yellow was as worse as it should have been, I've seen a lot worse in other games this season, and nothing given, if that was Morley agains le frankie would the same call have been made?

Like last week though we seem to put our selves under more pressure by stupid penalties lockers was guilty of it in the first half this week.

I love th passion that we played with today though, fielden look like a cat on hot bricks when he was taken off.

Macca will get two games as he has already used his joker card, but th flip side of that is that we can move tommy to hooker and smith to replace tommy in the halfs

TrueBlueWarrior

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

MM should have been sent off in my opinion, however for me that is not the issue, it is the inconsistency that is the issue. Josh Perry tonight for the drop on Lima and Paul Wood in the CC Cup Final. What is going on? Hopefully it will be sending off sufficient but it is Wigan, so 1-2 games probably.

I was proud of the lads tonight, and if I was SW I would be far happier than MR! We will beat them if we play them again no doubt.

Finally, Sky need to revamp their commentary team, they are nothing short of a joke, except Paul Cullen.
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

i cant see any other result other than wire blowing stains off the park, they are a far stronger and better thinking side than stains.

as for us against les cats, we should have the edge on them at the jib, but we will have to play clever rugby to beat them, same old story complete the sets hope the pack sets the platform to let the back line do the magic.

for me mossop and lima need to up their game lima tonight was non-existent
mossop tried but was no better than average
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

Bye the way, what did our illustrious Number 1 do today?

I think that he wrecked his chances of Man of Steel.
E.& O.E.
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

TrueBlueWarrior wrote:MM should have been sent off in my opinion, however for me that is not the issue, it is the inconsistency that is the issue. Josh Perry tonight for the drop on Lima and Paul Wood in the CC Cup Final. What is going on? Hopefully it will be sending off sufficient but it is Wigan, so 1-2 games probably.

I was proud of the lads tonight, and if I was SW I would be far happier than MR! We will beat them if we play them again no doubt.

Finally, Sky need to revamp their commentary team, they are nothing short of a joke, except Paul Cullen.
think we are all sick of the bull***t that comes out of stevo and eddies mouths they half sounded happy that macca got a red card, wigan cant win if we had battered the stains tonight they would have come up with every excuse under the sun as to why stains were beaten, but given the result they were more than happy with the result, how many times did they both mention leeds and fifth place again.

Suzieb

Post by Suzieb »

Dont think mr Wane should of played Stuart Feilding to night clearly not fit he left lads out that have played well over the last few weeks also micky mc should not of played is he never gonna learn