Best result or not?

Discuss all things Wigan Warriors. Comments and opinions on all aspects of the club's performance are welcome.
TrueBlueWarrior

Re: Best result or not?

Post by TrueBlueWarrior »

Ron Doran wrote:Bye the way, what did our illustrious Number 1 do today?

I think that he wrecked his chances of Man of Steel.
MOS has already been voted for before tonights game Ron and he also scored a great try at the end of the match or was you already on your way home by then?
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
TrueBlueWarrior

Suzieb wrote:Dont think mr Wane should of played Stuart Feilding to night clearly not fit he left lads out that have played well over the last few weeks also micky mc should not of played is he never gonna learn
I won't read to much into your post because it is Fielden not Feilding!! As for MM, he has been our best player this year so yes you are right he shouldn't have played!!
'If you start listening to the fans it won't be long before you're sitting with them.' - Wayne Bennett
jolleymike

Post by jolleymike »

feilden looked half capable tonight, he was very keen to get involved in the tackle collision and he looked really pissed when taken off the field.

we looked good in spells tonight, but it was spoiled by the sending off, 13 v 13 we would have mullered stains tonight
Ron Doran

Post by Ron Doran »

TrueBlueWarrior - no, I stayed to the end as you say and saw the try.
In between the other 70 minutes, say what did he do constructive?

(Sorry TBW,I did stay to the end, but it was on my PC.
E.& O.E.
loyalbelfast

Post by loyalbelfast »

To me it was the perfect result play-offs wise prefer to play the Cats not back to back matches with the St's

Cats will beat Brad & in turn we will beat them to achieve a week off Bliss!

Here's a question how many times as a huge crowd turned-up over the SL years to watch WW at home only to go away with no smiles head down to walk with slow paces through the retail park heading towards the Asda off-sales?

Word of caution still have to play better though if we are to darken the Old Trafford tunnel

Will end now need to book my Flybe flight to Manchester for next week's play-off game - hope i get a good deal!

Ancient & Loyal (just like Belfast!)

Panchitta Marra

Post by Panchitta Marra »

Micky Mac should have been sent off, correct decision, but where did the decision come from ?
It wasnt the referee, who didnt see it nor the touch judges who didnt raise their flags.
What are the video refs allowed to do in the rules of rugby league, as in my opinion it was the VR who spotted the incident and put the tanoy out to Child who said "Got it Got it", and blew his whistle 10 seconds after the contact. The delays in the refs decisions were so robotic, it begs the question how much are the decisions pre meditated.
On 13 minutes 20 secs the ref was heard to say "Whats that" at a point where Sam had passed to George and the ball came of Georges feet, deemed OFFSIDE. Child didnt even see it and neither did the touchies as again no flags were lifted, however shortly after the pass, Child said "Whats that" and the play was stopped, penalty Aints for OFFSIDE.
OK Micky Mac was rightfully sent off, but how many other players should have been shown the red card for like for like incidents this season. Webb. Abblett and Westwood come to mind.
Alex the Warrior

Post by Alex the Warrior »

As seems to be largely agreed, that is the standard for which a red card should be given but we want consistency. Perry making first impact on Lima's head as he lies on the ground is more dangerous. Given the number of times that Sam's head is treated like something in a coconut shy, such deliberate actions should always be a red too.

Mickey Mac was stupid, as he was for his previous red card. He may have ruined his chances of making OT.

After a poor start and not much of a first half we were playing really well. Perry's escape came just before their burst of tries. Might've made all the difference.
From Mission Impossible (1991) to The Great Escape (2006)
TrueBlueWarrior

Ron Doran wrote:TrueBlueWarrior - no, I stayed to the end as you say and saw the try.
In between the other 70 minutes, say what did he do constructive?

(Sorry TBW,I did stay to the end, but it was on my PC.
I agree it was far from his best game but he did alot of unnoticed work due to MM's red card, Sam needs the forwards to lay a good platform just like all backs but when you are down to 12 that is never easy. He still has the magic to create something from nothing but unfortunately tonight he left it to late!
DaveO

Post by DaveO »

Suzieb wrote:Dont think mr Wane should of played Stuart Feilding to night clearly not fit he left lads out that have played well over the last few weeks also micky mc should not of played is he never gonna learn
Fielden isn't match fit which is hardly surprising but I thought he went well and showed he still knows how to play the game. I thought Dudson did well and I like what I see with him. He reminds me of O'Carroll in that he accelerates into contact and looks like he means it.

As to leaving lads out who have played well this was the game to rest players who might have a knock. I have no idea if either Dudson of Fielden will figure next week and will make way for others but I can't say the alternatives have done that well recently. Prescott has been injured and Lauaki is average.
First Try Tickle

Post by First Try Tickle »

jolleymike wrote:It was a high tackle but if you watch it on the repay the player was going down in the tackle macca was already committed in the tackle.
Mike. You must have had a good drink tonight whilst watching on tv. How was he going down in the tackle, he passed the ball then got hit late across the head. Shocking hit , definite red card, won't play again this season.

Oh yes, if you want my seat for the cats/Leeds match that's fine, think I'm going in the south.